main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Content control

Sphaird
2: Seeker

Hi,

I just got switched over to Vodafone broadband yesterday. I'm a bit confused about the content controls.....any help would be appreciated. I set the content control to ultra safe as I have young kids. I went online to check if this was working by googling an adult website and to my horror it hadn't been blocked! After this I went on live chat to Vodafone  customer help and they said that the content control must be disabled to block unsuitable websites. So they disabled it on my account and when I checked again I could still access 18+ websites! Can someone please tell me how to fix this? 

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

content control page is this the page you've visited @Sphaird 

I'm wondering if it takes a short while for the control to be activated and or try re booting your router after applying it.

deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk/articles/how-do-i-change-my-age-restricted-content-settings. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 3.1  / Android 11.

View more options
Sphaird
2: Seeker

I’ve just rebooted and still no change, I can still access adult websites. 

View more options
BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Are you definitely using Wi-Fi connection.

i.e turn off Mobile Data so the connection is definitely Wi-Fi.

Have another chat with Vodafone customer services or the Social Media Team's Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

A Vodafone device maybe able to use Vodafone Securenet  too.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 3.1  / Android 11.

View more options
KeithAlger
16: Advanced member

Content control is supposed to be implemented through the DNS servers - it's why using DNS other than Vodafone's disables it.  If enabled it is supposed to work on all devices wired or WiFi!

That's the idea!  The reality is that it's poorly implemented and even more poorly maintained, so even if you do get it properly enabled it works less often than it fails!  If you want such content controls you'd be better searching for third party child-friendly DNS.

View more options