Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Content controls not working

Tic174
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

I've just been switched over to Vodafone broadband and am unable to get the content controls to work.

I was trying to download some drivers from here - saitek.drivercan.com and it redirects me to a Vodafone page saying that the access is blocked and I should change my content control settings.  When I click on the link it takes me to an account summary page and under broadband I click on the "manage content and controls" button, but all I see is a message saying "There's nothing we can show you.  We're not able to show you any information here."

I've also tried follwing the guide here - https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Account-billing/Security-privacy/1464010302/How-do-I-change-my-age-re... but I do not see a content controls under services and extras.

Thanks,

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the simplest thing to say is that Vodafone's content controls just don't work.  The simple fix is to change to Google (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4) or cloudflare (1.1.1.1 & 1.0.0.1) DNS servers, or if you want working content controls search for Quad9 who offer a range of free and charged DNS services.

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the simplest thing to say is that Vodafone's content controls just don't work.  The simple fix is to change to Google (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4) or cloudflare (1.1.1.1 & 1.0.0.1) DNS servers, or if you want working content controls search for Quad9 who offer a range of free and charged DNS services.

That worked great! I can download the drivers now thanks :Laughing_Face: