cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Contract ended. Possible to sign up again as a new customer?

yhussein47
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

So my Superfast 2 broadband contract has ended and Vodafone's upgrades team have been unable to offer any good renewal deals. I've actually found better deals for new customers on broadbandchoices.co.uk (which Vodafone refused to match) so my question is can I simply sign up again as a new customer via BroadbandChoices? If so, do I need to terminate my existing contract with Vodafone? Not sure how this will work and from past experience with Vodafone, I'm not confident that it'll go smoothly!

Thanks in advance.

13 REPLIES 13

clint_flick
12: Established
12: Established

Hi

I doubt you will get a clean transference, and perhaps a new supplier instead?

Jayach
16: Advanced member

I don't know about Vodafone, but I was previously with Sky and you needed to have left for a year before you could re-sign up as a new user.

It seems counter intuitive to insist on these rules as renewing customers must be be easier than new ones and probably cheaper as they may not require new routers etc.

Whatever you do do not cancel your broadband with Vodafone or you risk downtime before your new contract starts. (unless you are going to cable such as Virgin)

Personally I can't wait for my contract to end so I can go to someone else, I just don't trust Vodafone to be able to handle any problems should they occur on my line.

Jayach

@yhussein47

I just tried via broadband choices and even though I said I was already with Vodafone they offered me £22 per month with £75 voucher and took me through to Vodafone where I was able to go through all the steps up to actually signing without problem, so I would say give it a go.

Would Vodafone not offer the £22 per month (possibly without the voucher) to recontract and did they want more if you moved to a rolling contract? (which will be the default if you do nothing)

Or did broadband choices have a better deal for you?

gipjon

yes you can both these steps work if you plan it right but you will get a new phone number on both

step a is order new broadband on an additional line 

step b  cancel your old broadband so it gets turn off the day before the new one is fitted 

if you plan it right you will be without broadband for a day 

another way is but it will cost you a 1-month broadband fee extra

here is what you need to do 

do not cancel your old non contract broadband just yet 

step 1 order your new broadband on an additional phone line. Openreach will come and fit you with another phone line with Vodafone broadband and a new phone number. 

step 2 after the new broadband is up and running you can then cancel the first broadband as the first broadband is not in contract, 

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/broadband/second-line?cid=ppc-UK_19_AO_P_X_J_I_D_CBU_BAU_Drive_Text-Gener...

you can also do step 1 and 2  if you have a cap line or you just simply want a new line for some other reason you can also keep moving the broadband around as long as you don't go over the cooling off time 

vodafone 14 days 

sky 30 days 

now tv 30 days 

sse 60 days 

I also have a second broadband line and I have moved my second line 5 times this year to other providers to get the best connection and speed which has worked very well for testing broadband provider and connections 

Hi Jayach, many thanks for that. Yes that was the exact deal i wanted to sign up with at BroadbandChoices., as the Vodafone Upgrades team would only offer me £22 per month without the £75 voucher, and on a 24 month contract. The good news is that I called back today but this time went through to the Retentions team instead and they offered me £19 per month to renew on a 24 month contract, which kind of works out the same as the above BroadbandChoices deal, so I'm happy with that as it saves all the hassle and potential issues of signing up again! 

Hi Gipjon, wow thanks so much for that detailed reply, really appreciate it! As mentioned above I managed to sort it by going through to the Retentions team instead of the upgrades team and ended up with what I think is a good deal @ £19 per month to continue my Superfast 2 package for another 24 months.

So I guess the moral of the story is to go straight through to Retentions as they seem to have more flexibility with pricing!

Hope this helps anyone else coming to the end of their contract.

Just had a notification informing me that my £23 per month is going up to £24.03 plus a further £3 because I have reached the end of my contract.  £4.03 is a 17.5% increase for precisely no added value.

Can I be bothered to do the legwork to (try to) get  the current £22 per month offer?  To even stay at £23?  Looks as though I'll be looking elsewhere as any number of providers can beat the new per month price and probably supply better modem/routers even though I don’t use the ISP junk 😕

Jayach

If you go through retentions you should be able to get £19 per month same as @yhussein47. (assuming you want to stay)

HappyNomad
15: Advanced member
15: Advanced member

@Jayach wrote:

If you go through retentions you should be able to get £19 per month same as @yhussein47. (assuming you want to stay)

I have no problem with Vodafone broadband after 36 months with it...  more with their idea that charging me £100/year more than a new customer is fair and acceptable.(£18.88*/month vs the £27.03/month they expect me to pay)
I get that they want people to renew contracts but they could simply invite me to renew at a sensible price without me having to sit on the phone waiting for half of my remaining life to have the inevitable, ‘take a new contract out and we’ll call it ££s sensible and acceptable per month.

*based on 24 x£22/month less £75 ‘cashback' voucher.