cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Contract ended. Possible to sign up again as a new customer?

yhussein47
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

So my Superfast 2 broadband contract has ended and Vodafone's upgrades team have been unable to offer any good renewal deals. I've actually found better deals for new customers on broadbandchoices.co.uk (which Vodafone refused to match) so my question is can I simply sign up again as a new customer via BroadbandChoices? If so, do I need to terminate my existing contract with Vodafone? Not sure how this will work and from past experience with Vodafone, I'm not confident that it'll go smoothly!

Thanks in advance.

13 REPLIES 13

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Yes, but the price they are quoting is for a rolling one month at a time, not a 2 year contract. (If I am understanding you correctly)

You will always get a better deal on a long contract.

gipjon

think this chat should be in private message 

Jayach

@gipjon wrote:

think this chat should be in private message 

LOL🤣

HappyNomad
15: Advanced member
15: Advanced member

@Jayach wrote:

Yes, but the price they are quoting is for a rolling one month at a time, not a 2 year contract. (If I am understanding you correctly)  You will always get a better deal on a long contract.

As I said, I get that Vodafone want people on contract.

If VF sent an automated reminder, (perhaps around six weeks before contract expiry) instead of simply putting the price up by 17.5%, how many of us would just take the easy option and tick the renewal box.  Instead, a 'Compare the Meerkat' is triggered and sure enough, there is a number of better or similarly priced offers based on a like for like 60+ Mbps service.

In the event, I got through on the phone exceedingly quickly this morning - no ringing out, queueing or lift music, no shunting from person to person - and an agreement on price for a new two year contract was easily reached.  Hopefully, this one will be as absolutely trouble free as the last.