main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Customer Service Hell

Highlighted
2: Seeker

I've just sat on hold listening to god-awful music trying to get through to someone about upgrading.

What kind of customer service is it to spend that long on hold when I'm trying to UPGRADE?

I just want to see if I can upgrade from Superfast 1 to 2. That's all.

Sheesh.

View more options
10 REPLIES 10
17: Community Champion

Did you manage to get through to an agent @Toweliechaos  in the end ?

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

No, I gave up after 40 minutes (cos that's just not long enough, right?) and had to hang up.

View more options

Apologies that you weren't able to get through @Toweliechaos - it's great that you're looking to upgrade. We don't deal with upgrades directly here on the Social Media team, your best bet is to contact our Broadband Live Chat team for more details. 

View more options

Similar experience now been on phone over the period nearly two hours

first time 40mins..no indication of waiting time or queue

simply to upgrade.

Dont bother their chat they take you through a rigmarole then tell

you to PHONE!!!!

MBE they need to get fined another 4 million before they take their customers seriously.

IF anyone at vodafone is interested please contact me to upgrade

View more options

Would that be the live chat that a) never works or loads and b) tells you to phone anyway? 

View more options

As the live chat simply doesn't work on any platform I try it and I've no desire to wait on the phone again, can you advise how I get anywhere with this?

View more options

If you get in touch with us via one of our social channels @Toweliechaos - we can give you a ring and pass you over to our Upgrades team. 

Please contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker. 

View more options

So I did as you suggested. After they eventually found my customer details, this is the response I got (and bear in mind they had seen this thread before this response):

"Sorry for the delay in my reply reaching you. We're unable to perform sales/upgrades over social media channels. I'd recommend speaking to a member of the Broadband Team and they'll be able to check the availability in your area. If you have a Vodafone handset you can dial 191 or 03333 040 191 from any other phone. They're open from 8 am- 8 pm seven days a week. If there's anything else I can do for you, please let me know. Al"

I mean, is this some new level of Dante's hell I've found? Maybe I'll just find someone who can actually deal with their customers and provide the services they ask for as I can't take any more of this. Nationalised broadband is looking like a better idea every day...

View more options

I've ensured this has been fed back @Toweliechaos - I can see we've replied to your latest message requesting for further information.

Alternatively you'll be able to see if you're eligible for Superfast 2 when going to our page and entering your postcode. If Superfast 2 appears, you'll be able to benefit from it.  You can also see if you're eligible to upgrade through your online account

View more options

I have responded and am still waiting for progress.

Also, every time I try to check on your website, it comes up with some sort of error, presumably as I'm already a customer and this is too complicated a question.

View more options