main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

DSL line disconnecting constantly

2: Seeker

Hi All,

I'm posting this as an act of desperation. I have had no continuous DSL connection since 09-Dec, I am now waiting for a 5th (or was it 6th?) Openreach engineer visit to try and solve the problem.

Sequence of events is as follows, maybe somebody has an idea of what is happening.

Initially I was given a new Vodafone modem and the first engineer validated the wiring in the flat. I have now a new master socket and one other old socket active.

Subsequently, the VDSL connection disappears usually between 2-3am in the morning, after a call to the support team an OR engineer comes out and spends some time testing the line etc. sometimes the 'fibre port' is changed. Eventually he/she gets the line working usually at about 56-59Mbps. The line stays up for 1-3 days then the issue repeats.

When I connect to the Vodafone modem I can see the line connects at about 66 for a few seconds and then drops, it almost feels like it can't determine the correct speed. It obviously remains this way until the engineer visits again.

Any ideas or thoughts would be very welcome. 

Regards,

Mark

View more options
3 REPLIES

Thanks for getting in touch @mbind, that does sound very strange 🤔 So we can access your account and run diagnostics on your line, I've popped you a private message over with details on how to get in touch.

View more options
2: Seeker

Hi TJ,

Thanks for getting back to me and sorry for the delayed reply, I have an Openreach engineer looking at the issue this morning, interestingly he is one of the guys who looked at the issue previously. He agrees the issue shouldn't repeat and that there must an underlying issue, he has gone away to discuss with yourselves and others at Openreach, I will wait to see what the feedback is.

If the issue persists after today I'll reply to you on the private message.

Thanks,

Mark

View more options

I'm glad to hear you’re getting this sorted out.

There can be various issues for reoccurring faults.  Weather can play a big part, but there's other factors which we call REIN and SHINE - which actually have nothing to do with weather!

It can make diagnosing an issue a bit trickier as we need to monitor over a long period, and do comparison testing.

Let us know how you get on with this.

Blair

View more options