main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Devices disconnecting regularly

9: Established

Cheers Keith

I posted a reply but it disappeared during an edit and I got a note saying it will appear after approval????

Effectively it said that Hue Bridge and Hive Hub, Smart TV and Freesat box are wired connections to the VF router and all four are responding quite properly to commands from my iPad (wifi via BB2).

In terms of double NAT, I may have changed something in BB2 or perhaps VF is recognising the issue and dealing with it but if I do a traceroute 4.4.4.4 or 8.8.8.8 from my iPad (through BB2) I get just a single private IP address hop for each as per...

Traceroute to 8.8.8.8 (8.8.8.8), 64 hops max.

1 vodafone.broadband (192.168.1.1) time=16 ms
2 host-212-158-250-32.dslgb.com (212.158.250.32) time=13 ms
3 63.130.105.130 (63.130.105.130) time=19 ms
[a few more hops]
*** Traceroute at destination ***

Traceroute to 4.4.4.4 (4.4.4.4), 64 hops max.
1 vodafone.broadband (192.168.1.1) time=23 ms
2 host-212-158-250-32.dslgb.com (212.158.250.32) time=14 ms
3 63.130.140.126 (63.130.140.126) time=14 ms

[a few more hops]

Perhaps I just got lucky with the set up of BB2.  With VF all I did was switch off the wifi - certainly not a great deal of skill on my part 

View more options

Re: Devices disconnecting regularly

Cheers Keith
I posted a reply but it disappeared during an edit and I got a note saying it will appear after approval????  Seems to be 'rejected'.

Effectively it said that Hue Bridge and Hive Hub, Smart TV and Freesat box are wired connections to the VF router and all four are responding quite properly to commands from my iPad (wifi via BB2).

In terms of double NAT, I may have changed something in BB2 or perhaps VF is recognising the issue and dealing with it but if I do a traceroute 4.4.4.4 or 8.8.8.8 from my iPad (through BB2) I get just a single private IP address hop for each as per...

Traceroute to 8.8.8.8 (8.8.8.8), 64 hops max.
1 vodafone.broadband (192.168.1.1) time=16 ms
2 host-212-158-250-32.dslgb.com (212.158.250.32) time=13 ms
3 63.130.105.130 (63.130.105.130) time=19 ms
[a few more hops]

Traceroute to 4.4.4.4 (4.4.4.4), 64 hops max.
1 vodafone.broadband (192.168.1.1) time=23 ms
2 host-212-158-250-32.dslgb.com (212.158.250.32) time=14 ms
3 63.130.140.126 (63.130.140.126) time=14 ms
[a few more hops]

Perhaps I just got lucky with the set up of BB2. With VF all I did was switch off the wifi - certainly not a great deal of skill on my part

View more options
14: Advanced member

Maybe I didnt' put my thinking cap on!  Double NAT would only be a problem if you'd connected the BB2 to the VF using a cable from the WAN port on the BB2.  Assuming you've used a LAN port on the BB2, the BB2 then it'll just be acting as an extra switch and access point!

If you have got this working using the WAN port on the BB2 then I'm stumped as to how you got it to work!

View more options

The BB2 is connected via its single gigabit port rather than its WAN port.  Additionally I have selected Disable 'NAT module function' in the BB2 advanced settings..

As a stopgap solution it seems to be working and even better, it is keeping the router-rage at bay. 

View more options

@TJ wrote:

Thanks @HappyNomad, one of the team will be in touch. 

Five days later - nothing.  

View more options

Do you have a reference number that was sent to you over email @HappyNomad?

View more options

@Adam wrote:

Do you have a reference number that was sent to you over email @HappyNomad?

EFT195?  By PM rather than email though.

View more options

Hey @HappyNomad, if you've filled out the EFT195 you should've got a reference number.

This will help us locate your case and we can follow up.

View more options

@MarkF wrote:

Hey @HappyNomad, if you've filled out the EFT195 you should've got a reference number.

This will help us locate your case and we can follow up.

Just been through all of the emails from VF, both forum generated and from VF on my primary email account.  Nothing received.

View more options

if you look around the forum there are more than just you having these same issues but we are starting to come together as a community because we are all having the same issues over and over and vodafone seams to be washing every thing under the carpet etc also the media team needs to be replaced with more qualified advisers lets all help each other please read and share this post https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Broadband-Home-Phone/i-have-emailed-the-complaints-team/td-p/2621027

compansaion.jpg

View more options

Thanks for getting back in touch @HappyNomad, it doesn't sound like we've received your query; I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused.

Please try clearing your cache and cookies, or use a different browser to complete the form and let me know if you receive our confirmation email this time.

View more options

@TJ wrote:

Thanks for getting back in touch @HappyNomad, it doesn't sound like we've received your query; I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused.

Please try clearing your cache and cookies, or use a different browser to complete the form and let me know if you receive our confirmation email this time.

Life is too short for this... my time has a value to me if not to you guys and I'm really not paying Vodafone to waste my time.  I am paying for a service and quite frankly, Vodafone either can or it can't supply that service.  If it can supply the service then it should get on and supply it.  If it can't supply the service then it should let me know, refund my money and rip up the unfair contract.  It is not my job to fix the problems and nor should I have to keep chasing those problems.

I have started the formal complaint process and one way or another this matter will be resolved.

No doubt this too will be deleted.  Hey ho.  Vodafone is clearly outside of its technical ability as an ISP.  We live and learn.

View more options

Looking on the bright side, another thing that is outside of Vodafones capability, is the writing of a water tight contract! So if you go through your joining/terms letter you should be able to find multiple other issues that you can add to your claim!  The biggie for many is that they cannot use "download speed" and "sync speed" interchangeably - the two are not the same thing.

View more options

It's dissapointing that you've decided to raise a complaint @HappyNomad, however I'm sure our Customer Relations team will be able to help. 

If there's anything further we can here, please let us know.

Blair

View more options
Highlighted

@Blair wrote:

It's dissapointing that you've decided to raise a complaint @HappyNomad, however I'm sure our Customer Relations team will be able to help. 

If there's anything further we can here, please let us know.

Blair

I'm disappointed that I have had to raise a complaint.  The whole Vodafone experience has been very disappointing but thanks anyway.

View more options

sorry to say but thats all customer can do if vodafone cant or wont fix the issues complain and escalate it.

"blair It's dissapointing that you've decided to raise a complaint happynomad ", Is blair having a laugh. whats dissapointing is that vodafone are paying you a wage to go and insult users 

View more options