Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Disgraceful Customer Service Akin To Theft

Castello
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have numerous issues with customer service since joining Vodafone:

1. I signed up for an offer of superfast broadband + £100 voucher from John Lewis. This was cancelled by Vodafone without my knowledge leaving me with no broadband.

2, After hours of calls and speaking to numerous customer service advisors I received a dongle to keep me going until my internet was up and running. I was told that I would not be charged for the dongle and could return in store for up to 30 days.

3. My wife went to a Vodafone store and was told that they do not accept dongles. We then called Vodafone to explain this and offered to post it, they said not to worry we can keep the dongle at no charge. 

4. Vodafone refused to honour my original deal and I have been charged for the dongle. After hours more calls they eventually say that they will honour the deal and refund the dongle, plus £15 credit as a goodwill gesture.

5. I continue to be charged for the dongle for months.

6. Still no £100 voucher (see point 1) and told to phone the team again.

To date I have received no £15 credit, no £100 voucher and am being charged £90 (30 a month for 3 months)for a dongle we were told we would not be charged for or ever appear on our statement.

Ridiculous customer service, I honestly cannot face the hours of phone calls needed to try to resolve this and inevitably not receive what the customer service advisors promise me.

Vodafone will you please sort this situation? All notes are on file on my account.

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I'm not surprised your unimpressed and upset at this situation @Castello 

Sometimes things do go wrong which I'm sure many accept. 

It's then down to how this is put right which instils confidence back into the product and services.  

Perhaps please let the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries  as they have account access to be able to read your account notes and help.

There is also the official complaints procedure.

You could also speak to your own Banks Customer Services to enquire if the Direct Debit Guarantee applies.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the quick response @BandofBrothers.

However, I am disappointed that after spending hours trying to resolve this matter once again I have to get in touch with Vodafone once again. I had hoped that by adding a thread on the Vodafone community, someone would contact me directly.

I would prefer not to ask my own bank to get involved as this matter can easily be resolved by Vodafone rectifying the issue at their end.

All I am asking is Vodafone to honour the promises that they have made to me, this should be easy to correct. I am worried that I am going to keep paying for a dongle that I did not want/am not using and I have tried to return several times.

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome for my reply @Castello 

Sometime ago Vodafone changed the way they can help via the Vodafone Community forum.

They no longer can help people that need account access to resolve issues / queries.

It's the same Vodafone Social Media Teams that help here with non account issues however they can only help via the social media links I added now in regards to account t access required assistance.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks I will give the social media team a try.

I will keep this thread updated with the progress of Vodafone dealing with my query as I think that it is important for prospective customers to understand how queries are handled.

*LATEST UPDATE x 2*

After phoning Vodafone (once again) I was after 45 minutes transferred to a complaints team. The team seemed to be more proactive in resolving the issue. They promised to investigate the matter and arranged a call back for a resolution 2 days later at a set time. As I feared, I did not receive this call.

However, I then called Vodafone and after a futher hour on the phone received email confirmation that I will be fully reimbursed and provided with a £25 goodwill credit. After the hours my wife and I have spent on the phone to Vodafone over the past 3.5 months, I had hoped for more. However, in the interests of fully resolving the matter we accepted the offer.

I just hope that the refund is received, credit applied and no more charges incurred for the dongle. As we have been promised similar in the past by other teams.

Jeff and Sunil from the customer service and complaint teams handled our complaint well today and we are grateful for their help.

Similar problems here, I have logged a complaint and no response.

Personally I beinging to think they only want the type of Broadband customer who doesn't cancel and doesn't need any support or else they muck you around enought until you swear never go near them again !

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @srpsrp - I'm sorry to hear about your wait! We'll be happy to take a look into any issues you might. Please contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker. 

An update on this after submitting a complaint, hours of phonecalls I have finally received a full refund.

*LATEST UPDATE*

10 days after raising the issue with the social media team I am still no further forward. Despite providing all correct account details and a verification code sent to the phone registered on my account I have been told that they cannot help me because my name on social media differs from what is on the account (I only use my initial on my social media name for my first name but surname is the same).

I have been told to phone the helpline. Per my original post I have spent hours of my life speaking to various call centre operators who have promised to resolve the issue but nothing has happened. I have no faith that if I phone again my issue will be resolved.

I shouldn't even need to get involved here. All the notes are on my account, I have explained the situation both on the phone and on this messageboard. All Vodafone need to do is read either and put their promises into action for it to be resolved.

I want to remind anybody reading that I am still being charged £30 a month for a dongle I do not want and have tried several times to return/cancel.