main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Disney Life not working on Vodafone broadband

Highlighted
4: Newbie

Hi,

I've been having trouble playing Disney Life on my wifi for the last couple of weeks. Initiialy I thougt ir was an issue with the app but after various tests I'm certain its the broadband.

On my TV the app loads but won't allow me to play any movies. It's been deleted, reinstalled, broadband reset etc still no luck.

On both ipad and phones the movies load to 24% and stop. None will go any further. 

When I switch the wifi off the devices and use our mobile data it loads fine and plays as normal so its something to do with the broadband.

I have no filters/restricitons set. I've tried restting the router and done all the usual tests. Netflix, amazon etc still works.

Any ideas?

View more options
5 REPLIES 5

Update:

Looking at some other threads I thought I would check where my IP address shows me: 

IP Address: 84.68.88.97
Country Code: IN (IND)
Region:
City:
Local time: 20 Jun 17:24 (IST+0530)
Postal Code: None
Latitude: 20.0
Longitude: 77.0

Obviously I'm not in India. I'm in Essex. Can someone at vodafone rectify this? I don't want to pay for a service whereby I can't view content I pay for.
View more options

Hey @john876, I'm really sorry to hear about the problems you're having with your routing. 

One of our team will be happy to access your account and take a closer look into this for you. Please get in touch via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

View more options
2: Seeker

Whoa, that's weird. We have almost the exact same problem with our IP address showing as India - it's been messing up a few websites - SkyStore not allowing purchase, issues with NowTV app downloads etc. I've just asked a question on here about it as it doesn't appear to have been sorted, though Vodafone support did something after we gave them a call. Have you had any luck?

View more options

Hi mate, 

It seems like its happening to a lot of people. I first noticed a month or two ago when my little boy was playing his ipad and on the scoreboards whitin the game it was showing him as in India. I didn't pay much attention to that.

Last week Disney Life stopped streaming on the wifi and when I tried to access it on the firestick it said Disney Life is not available in my location.

I checked my IP on a few websites and all showed UK except https://geoiptool.com which showed India. 

Vodafone have obviously moved serves or something which is causing these problems and whatever they are doing to mask the location isn't working or is temperamental at best.

Although my Disney Life is now working I'm still shown in India so the overall problem hasn't been resolved. It's pretty poor to be honest.

View more options

This does seem strange @john876 and I understand how unsatisfying and frustrating this issue can be. As @TJ previously mentioned, please pop our team a message via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK and we'll get this investigated for you. 

@mister_b I appreciate you're experiencing a similar issue and I've advised you of the next steps in order for us to investigate further, in on one of your posts I've responded to previously 🙂

View more options