Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Ethernet ports

dryoung
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have my PC and a PS4 both plugged in to my Vodafone router (ports 1 and 2) via ethernet cables.  When the PS4 is in use, my PC is slow and laggy.  Is there a setting I can change which will prioritise the PC ethernet connection over the PS4 when both are in use?

7 REPLIES 7

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @dryoung I understand how important it is to get the most out of your service. Could you try the below settings and let me know how you get on?

Enter http://192.168.1.1/ into your browser whilst you are connected to your Vodafone Home Broadband > The default password to login is vodafone > Make sure you've selected 'Expert Mode' > Settings > QoS Control > Here you can adjust the bandwidth > By default this feature is disabled. In order to enable it, you will need to click the slider button, then add devices and click apply.

When you add a device, by default it will have 100% of the bandwidth in both directions, this can be changed before clicking “Apply” at the bottom.

For more steps on how to navigate this page please see here

Thanks Evie.  The password "vodafone" doesn't work, neither does the password I use to connect to the wifi?

HappyNomad
15: Advanced member
15: Advanced member

@dryoung wrote:

Thanks Evie.  The password "vodafone" doesn't work, neither does the password I use to connect to the wifi?

The admin and wifi passwords are printed on the label underneath the router.  If your router is the current THG3000 (grey rectangular) which I am guessing it is, then neither password will be 'vodafone’.

If you have previously changed the admin password and since forgotten it, you will need to do a factory reset to get it back to the printed label password but otherwise, 192.168.1.1 and the admin password will get you into the router’s user interface.  

Vodafone moved away from supplying routers with the same simple admin password ('vodafone') on every single router supplied with the introduction of the current THG3000 device.     

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Also the THG3000 doesn't have QoS settings so 's post will not help.

With a sync of 75Mbs, even if the PS4 is playing a 4K movie or game it shouldn't be affecting the PC.

Jayach

There is no setting in the current router (THG3000) to do such a thing, however all the ports are 1Ghz so there should be plenty of bandwidth available for both.

What speed is your internet connection?

Thanks Jayach.  The Vodafone apps says the speed is 74 Mbps?

Cynric

.@dryoung Would you mind also testing your line speed, e.g. https://www.speedtest.net/ , and if possible to do so when you feel that the PC is sluggish. Vodafone may be showing you the max speed for your line (Sync speed) and not real-time throughput.