cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

FTTP is available in my area how long does it usually take Voda to offer it ?

flipside
4: Newbie

Title says it all , I've had an email from openreach to say it's live and both the openreach and BT checkers tell me I can get it but the Voda checker doesn't. What's the usual lag in it coming online please?

19 REPLIES 19

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @flipside! We don't have a timescale for this but any updates will be on our website once it's available in your area 🙂

As this seems to be a common question now and openreach are actively promoting Vodafone when you get the alert it might be useful to suggest upward that a plan/process be put in to at least be able to set some expectation of timeframe published else  Voda will be loosing customers

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We really appreciate the feedback @flipside, I'll be sure to pass it on to the relevant team for you. 

ok but are Voda able to use the Openreach setup or not as it seems crazy that your being promoted on there site but so far (from what im reading here) its taking months before it actually becomes avialble if at all.

What is vodafones thinking here , giving some sort of guidence / roadmap / policy / timeline anything wouldf be better than the 'watch this space' party line that just keeps getting rolled out.

ive found some info from a 3rd party site - it seems voda do use Openreachnetwork but only in select areas , it would good if this was made clearer on vodafones site

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/08/isp-vodafone-uk-unveil-openreach-fttp-home-broadband-p...

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm sorry if we're starting to sound like broken records @flipside - We are constantly working on improving our network and as soon as we have an update regarding FTTP it will be readily available on our website and social channels.

3 weeks since FTTP went live in my area and still nothing on vodafones site

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

You can also try reaching out to our dedicated Gigafast team by calling 08080 034 515 @flipside. They may be able to provide some clarity around this for you 👍

ThanKs for pointing the team out but after 10 mins on a call I'm still non the wiser as to when or even if Voda with offer FTTP in my area, it's still a case of 'check the website' .

I've signed up for all the alert me , registered interest etc but nothing. Even openreach (backbone provider not direct to consumer) kept me up to date even if it was just letting me know what phase they where planning/deployment etc. 

In short colour me not impressed with Vodas planning and communication, oh and on that how do I stop Voda mailing me and my wife letters about getting broadband from them considering we have it and have been customers for years ?

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear you're disappointed about not being kept up to date on the fibre updates in your area. We look to offer this service to our customers as soon as possible. From time to time it can take a little longer than expected for information regarding the availability of the fibre network to be provided from Openreach. Apologies if this seems to be the case in your area. 

As you've advised you're currently a Vodafone customer, you can update your marketing preferences through your My Vodafone account online. If you'd prefer us to update these for you, pop us a private message though one of our social channels so we can take a look 👀