Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Failed upgrade.

Ianra2005
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Vodafone contract ends 10th June. Had an email offering Vodafone Pro, with a discount and a £75 bonus, as long as I placed the order by 30th April. Placed an order 23rd April and heard nothing since!

just checked the order and it was cancelled by Vodafone. Tried two chats, both times when I got through to someone who could help (after being passed to the right team, explaining the problem each time, getting through security each time) only to be cut off each time. Just tried going old school and using the phone to speak to them, exactly the same thing happened, eventually got to the right team only to be cut off. 
I have to assume Vodafone are happy for me to go somewhere else for my Broadband. Anyone else had the same issues? Or indeed have any idea why my order was cancelled because I still have no idea!!

13 REPLIES 13

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

For some reason it sounds like Vodafone's systems have auto kicked in to cancel , maybe.

May I suggest that you call the Broadband Team  “ call 08080 034 515  (free from all UK landlines and mobiles) with lines open between 8am and 11pm, seven days a week. ”

The Vodafone Social Media Team's via Twitter or Facebook can help too but not from your post here as there is no account access via this forum @Ianra2005 

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Jayach
16: Advanced member

After that experience of Vodafone's "support" I'm surprised you would want to stay with them.

I can’t waste any more time on it anyway, certainly no point ringing the ‘Broadband Team’, tried that already and just when I get to the point where I think I might get an answer.....they cut me off!!

I’m assuming that either they were over subscribed to the offer (probably have a marketing budget which got spent) or there was a shortage of hardware so they just cancelled the order (and never bothered telling me as they are supposed to do).

Anyway as my current contract ends on the 10th June I shall be off to pastures new!

just thought, I might make an official complaint, see if I can get some compensation.

BandOfBrothers

Fair enough @Ianra2005 

Take into account the contract would not tyoicalky just end automatically.

See cancel-your-account. And I-want-to-cancel-my-home-broadband-service. 

Please leave any relevant direct debit in place until any final monies are paid and you get a sorry your leaving letter.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Take into account the contract would not typically just end automatically.

Must be selective contracts that 'just end automatically' then - like at the end of the contract period...

My contract 'just ended automatically' on the very day it was due to end strangely enough, and to make sure I knew that it had ended, I had an email advising me that the £23 per month price would be immediately increased to £27.03 (just over 17.5%)...

1. 4.5% (£1.03) annual increase (way above inflation at 0.6%)
  2. an increase of £3.00 because my minimum contract period of 18 months had ended.

Clearly, my 18 month contract automatically ended as:

• I defaulted into a new one month rolling contract and
  • exit fees were no longer applicable.  

Jayach

@HappyNomad wrote:

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Must be selective contracts that 'just end automatically' then - like at the end of the contract period...

My contract 'just ended automatically' on the very day it was due to end

The contract will always end when it should. That is what contracts do.

However I would have expected you to have received some communication giving you options for what happens next. The default option will be for your line to no longer be in contract, and revert to the standard price (as set out in the contract)

Personally I rang up during the last 30 days of my contract, and was (eventually) able to get a new contract that suited me. (slightly lower than what new customers were paying at the time)

It definitely pays to be proactive.

HappyNomad
15: Advanced member
15: Advanced member

@Jayach wrote:

@The contract will always end when it should. That is what contracts do.

However I would have expected you to have received some communication giving you options for what happens next. The default option will be for your line to no longer be in contract, and revert to the standard price (as set out in the contract)

My post is over a year old now 😀.  I think you missed the context somewhere - it was specifically and directly written only to make a strong point in response to:

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

As per my post, Vodafone kept me fully informed re going out of contract with:

"an email advising me that the £23 per month price would be immediately increased to £27.03 (just over 17.5%)..."

Still here and still entirely happy with my Vodafone service and my per month Superfast 2 price that was offered to tempt me into a new contract.  

Jayach

@HappyNomad 

I am sorry, that is what happens when people reopen old threads. I assumed @DiFitt was replying to the previous post, which was yours.

Yes I'm also still here, and I never expected to be. Vodafone offered me a better deal than I could get elsewhere.

I think @BandOfBrothers was referring to the service not ending rather than the contract not ending, but as you say, it was a long time ago.

AnnS

Hi @Ianra2005 

This will be a glitch between Vodafone and Openreach and may not necessarily be at Vodafone's end. 

This is easily solved to enable you to upgrade with the promised discount.  Speak to the Social Team and they will help as much as they possibly can here: Contact the Social Team