main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Firesticks losing connection

Highlighted
3: Seeker

Hi, there, I've only had Vodafone broadband for a month now, but having an issue with both firesticks in the house losing internet connection overnight and I have to restart the firesticks in order for them to get signal again.

The firesticks say they are connected to the router but there is no internet access?

Is there a setting on the router that needs to be changed? I never had this issue with my BT router.

Thanks.

View more options
1 REPLY 1

Thanks for getting in touch @Dean222. Is it just the Fire sticks that are having trouble staying connected? Do all the other devices in the house seem to be working correctly? 

You can give the following a try:

• Try rebooting both the Fire Stick and router at the same time (even if the router is working fine with other devices).
  • Ensure that both your router and Fire Stick are running the latest software.
  • If not already doing so, use the HDMI extender that should have come with the Fire Stick; to see if this helps with interference. 

Let us know if any of these help at all 👍

View more options