Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Flashing power, internet and wifi lights in sequence - white

GGH
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all,

My internet activated yesterday and since then we have been having problems with the new THG3000 router locking up and losing connection.  When this happens im unable to log into the router using the 192.168.1.1 address and the power, internet and wifi lights will flash in sequence continuously until i restart it.

I've tried factory reset with the little button on the back but that hasnt fixed it.

Its running firmware version 17xx which i know is old from other posts, it should be 19xx, so i think the router may be trying and failing to update which just bricks it.  I havent found anyone else mention this sequence of lights so im only guessing it may be that.

I've spoken to tech support about 6 times about it, each time they say the line and router look stable etc.  I got through to complaints/home broadband dept and he said he would push through the firmware update.  Since then its bricked another 3 times and ive factory reset again, so its still not working. It was left on overnight last night and woke up to the same light sequence this morning so it's had plenty of time to update if it was going to.

Can anyone suggest a fix or do i have to keep asking for a replacement and hope someone caves in and agrees to send a new one out?

Thanks!

Guy

4 REPLIES 4

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @GGH - I appreciate how important it is to have a stable connection, especially now. Since you have been in contact with our tech team I assume you have tried connecting your router to the test socket to see if the issues persists? If not, there may be some further steps and tests we can run so please contact us on social media.

Also, what light sequence is showing?

If you drop us a message on social media, be sure to include a link back to this post and your landline/account number.

I'm just waiting for 3rd line to give me a call back. 1st/2nd line had a look yesterday. The light sequence is power, internet, WiFi in that order and will repeat continuosly. 

We figured out that is the sequence when it is updating the firmware, the issue is that it will not complete the update, instead becoming unresponsive. It also doesn't leave any error messages.

It's obviously a problem with this particular router, but apparently as there is no error messages 3rd line will need to check the line and possibly send an openreach engineer, which seems overkill as the line is fine, it's o ly when the router isn't trying to update that there is a problem.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thank you for confirming that @GGH - I appreciate it may seem a bit drastic to send out an engineer for an update issue but there could be an issue with the line, that hasn't been detected your side, but that could be preventing the update and causing the connection drops.

If you'd like us to check your account please contact us via the link I've given above.

Just in case anyone else had this issue in future, it was an issue with the router itself that was failing to update. A new router was sent out and instantly updated to the newest firmware version and has been fine since.