main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Other broadband queries

Ftth

2: Seeker

Hi guys

i live in rural Kent and am in the process of having ftth installed by Openreach.  When it’s installed, will I be able to order from Vodafone?

my postcode is TN172BS 

Thanks

James

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @Snaga 

When Opereach have completed the ftth installation you will be able to find availability at the location here: 

Check your broadband availability and speed 

View more options
Highlighted
16: Advanced member

FTTH & FTTP are not subject to the same LLU (Local Loop Unbundling) rules as are ADSL & VDSL.  In some locations, there are local agreements in place but there is nothing mandatory!  So if OpenReach have recently installed FTTH it may (or may not) mean switching to BT in order to make use of it

Nationwide the situation is being looked into, but frankly, it's a bit of a mess, and new legislation is being worked on.  It also gets rather tied up with the Guaranteed Service Provision.

I guess the simple answer is that we won't know until the service in your area is made available for use!

View more options