main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

GDPR breach

2: Seeker

Please note that Vodafone have confirmed they do not store/handle customers data safely.

i am unable to pass security because the correct information is not held on my account.

i know I am providing the correct answers as I have reviewed emails on account setup that confirm this.

so one or two things have happened;

1) someone has gained access to my account and changed my details

2) Vodafone are not storing customer details correctly - possibly data has become jumbled on their systems?

View more options
5 REPLIES 5

@Roxy123 I'm sorry to hear you're facing difficulties passing security on your account, I can assure you we store/handle all customer details securely. In this instance my best advice to get access to your account, would be to visit us in store with photographic I.D. The store will also then be able to go over any incorrect details and update them accordingly. 

View more options
Highlighted

If data is stored securely, then how has my account been hacked/changed? I only want a returns address for the router! I am presuming Vodafone have reported the incident under GDPR regulations. Poor customer service and poor data handling seem to be at the forefront of Vodafone’s business plan as time after time employees have refused to answer questions which should be simple to answer. You are just wasting peoples time and money for what? You should not be allowed operate on n this country!

View more options

@Roxy123 Is there any evidence of your account being hacked/changed? If so, our Corporate Security team would investigate this for you. As for reporting the incident, this wouldn't be a breach of GDPR guidelines. If we can't complete security with a contact, we have to refuse any disclosure of account information. I can appreciate it's frustrating for you given the circumstances of wanting to return the router. You'll be able to process a return in store with us, here you'll also be able to update the details stored by taking in photographic I.D. 

View more options

Yes I have evidence that my account was either hacked or the details were changed without my authorisation. I have email confirmation from Vodafone regarding my direct debit which was set up in my bank account. 

The security questions I was asked related to my bank account details. I then provided my details as requested only to be told this did not match the details held on system.

so how did my details get changed if not by me? Was it a hack or it means a Vodafone employee has changed them without customer authorisation.

https://www.themdu.com/guidance-and-advice/guides/gdpr-data-breaches

You might find the link to a guidance relating  to breach of GDPR. It is clear what has happened to my account is covered here.

unfortnately companies are expected to self report these breaches and I have to wait a whole month to do so. But rest assured I will be doing this so it make sense for Vodafone to self report now in order to avoid a bigger fine.

View more options

@Roxy123  - This is something we take very seriously and we’ll need to investigate it further. I understand from your other post here, you’re already in touch with us on Twitter or Facebook. 

View more options