main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Get-out clauses for a broadband contract

14: Advanced member

Get-out clauses for a broadband contract , contract works both ways . You may be able to terminate your contract early without paying a penalty for the following reasons:

The deal was mis-sold

If the contract for your broadband deal differs from what you agreed with the salesperson, you should be able to cancel the contract without having to pay a penalty.

Poor service

You may have grounds for escaping your contract if your broadband provider has failed to provide an acceptable level of service. This is considered a breach of contract. Poor service includes installation delays, slow broadband speeds, connection dropouts and bad customer service.

You’ll need to keep a detailed log listing the dates and times of intermittent service or slow speeds.

First make a formal complaint to your broadband provider claiming misrepresentation or poor service

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/help-and-information/complaints

If your broadband or phone supplier fails to let you cancel your contract or 

If the problems isn’t resolved within eight weeks or you’re not satisfied with the provider’s response, ask for a deadlock letter

This essentially allows you to bring a complaint against the company through an Free Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) scheme, which acts as an impartial middleman in figuring out a resolution between you and the vodafone 

With your deadlock letter complaint to https://www.ombudsman-services.org/

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have complained twice now first time i was told i would recive a letter this will be 4 weeks on sunday, and the complaints line at the week end and im still waiting a call back..

View more options
14: Advanced member

The above works and is set by ofcom mine took 5 day from start to finish Simply call the complaints phone number – 03333 041 524 (standard call charges apply). They should keep you up-to-date throughout the process of resolving your complaint: 

View more options

Hi @Anonymous can you let us know what your complaint is regarding? 

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

Realy???? WOW

I WANT TO LEAVE WITH OUT PENATALTY FOR THE JOKE OF A SERVICE YOU CALL BRAORDBAND.

View more options