cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Getting username and password to use own router.

Jayach
16: Advanced member

As the mods always promote social media to contact Vodaphone support I thought I would use Messenger to get my username and password. (also so I wouldn't have to spend half the day on the telephone.)

I provide the details they ask for:

- Your full name

- Your account or landline number (I provided both)

- Your postcode

- Your date of birth

- A brief description of your query

Their reply:

If you can please confirm your last 2 digits of your sort code, registered email address, alternative contact number and how many numbers you have on the account

##~##, they really take the biscuit.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jayach

Used chat instead, it took less than 5 minutes. Thank you Puran.

Edit: And all the security needed was my telephone no. and 1st and 4th digit of my security PIN

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

Jayach

Oh! They say they think I "have misread one of the questions or its wasn't written in the best way" by telling them I have my home phone no and mobile on the account in reply to "how many numbers you have on the account".

Apparently they mean "how many contracts you have on the account?" I'm a broadband customer how many contacts am I supposed to have?

Perhaps I should have phoned!

Jayach

Well I passed security and they have told me "Please enter http://192.168.1.1/ into your web address bar. This will take you to a page where it asks for your username which is admin and you can leave the password blank."

Why would I have to pass security to be told that! (apart from the fact it's wrong!)

You couldn't make it up!

Jayach

Now they have told me a different way to get into the router "The default username for your Vodafone router is root. The default password is 123456."

Also wrong.

Finally they find an answer, obviously taken from this forum, which starts " Ring VF on 08080034515 and get your username and password.

Never again!!!

Jayach

Used chat instead, it took less than 5 minutes. Thank you Puran.

Edit: And all the security needed was my telephone no. and 1st and 4th digit of my security PIN

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Jayach! I'm glad you were able to resolve with our chat team. Just to advise, due to the nature of the platform that is social media, there are certain security processes we need to follow when it comes to Data Protection; e.g. we're unable to take your PIN or memorable word over social media so instead we ask for:

• Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Postcode
  • One Time Access Code (sent from us via text)

If you have a Home Broadband or Mobile Broadband account, we will ask four security questions as we're unable to send the one time access code via text to you. 

Other channels such as live chat, and 191 are able to take security PIN and memorable word as the interactions are only retained our side rather than being accessed through your device like Facebook or Twitter messages. Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with.