Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Gigafast Amazon Voucher

MarkB_Abz
2: Seeker

Has anyone been able to get the £50 Amazon voucher promised as a sign up bonus for Gigafast broadband?  I was sold the service from a Vodafone sales person who canvassed the street, and filled out all the details on their tablet. I contacted Live Chat who told me to email a third party.  They quickly came back and said the Amazon voucher is only provided when signing up through third party sites like uSwitch.   

I'm just wondering if the sales guy was misinformed of the offer in the first place, or the Live Chat support are mistaken.

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Was it definitely a Vodafone staff member who you signed up with @MarkB_Abz  ?

I ask as most canvassers who door knock work for 3rd party companies who earn a spiv for signing up a contract and have their own offers separate from Vodafone.

At the moment I can't see a deal with a £50 voucher from Vodafone directly when I look at the Terms and Conditions or the Vodafone Broadband Page. 

Do you have any emails etc confirming what was discussed  ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I'm pretty sure it was a Vodafone sales person.  They had the relevant ID, jacket, and sales material.  Following sign up I received an email from sales.gigafast at vodafone.com (removed the normal at sign to allow posting) with the info below.  I had already signed up on the persons tablet and received this while they were in the house (along with a second email confirming order).

Get an Amazon Echo Plus on us + £50 Amazon.co.uk gift card!

Thanks for taking the time to talk to us.
Buy Vodafone Gigafast Broadband today and you will receive an Amazon Echo Plus, worth £139.99 and a £50 Amazon.co.uk voucher. Plus you can now use Alexa to make and receive hands-free calls, using your existing mobile plan.

Order by 13th August.

BandOfBrothers

Ok then @MarkB_Abz 

I'm still not confident this was a Vodafone Employee. Vodafone trade from Highstreet Stores and online.

Perhaps speak with the Broadband Team via call 08080 034 515  (free from all UK landlines and mobiles) with lines open between 8am and 11pm, seven days a week.

FAQs. 

Current Phone  >

Thanks both.  I received the Echo a couple of weeks ago so just assumed the voucher would follow.  I've found the contact details of the sales person, so I will try to get in touch with them tomorrow.  

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @MarkB_Abz 

Could you perhaps let us know of the outcome please ?

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

JodieP

I’m currently going through the same, I’ve spoken to several people at Vodafone who say they are dealing with it and to email them which I’ve done several times and never receive a reply. It’s false advertisement really 

I gave up in the end.  I’m convinced it was a genuine offer, but as it was limited to new Gigafast customers only the support team were just not aware of it.