Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Gigafast - Enabled but Vodafone not offering it yet

MafNorton
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Good afternoon,

Openreach e-mailed me last week to say that Gigafast is available at my address and I can get it supplied by BT, or some other selected companies.  However, I cannot get it from Vodafone yet.  I web chatted to one Voda support guy and he said Voda won't have access until enough people register an interest.  And then I spoke to a different support guy and he said it'll just happen in the future...

Does anyone know which of these is true, if any?  I'd like to stay with Voda if I'm honest, but will migrate if Voda cannot give me any info or timeframe or even confirm that they will have access.

Any insider info would be appreciated, thanks all.

Maf

2 REPLIES 2

flilot
4: Newbie

Not sure why Openreach would e-mail you about Gigafast, as they do not supply the underlying fibre connection.  You probably mean Ultrafast or FTTP, which you can order through most ISPs that use Openreach's infrastructure for their standard through the phone line Internet connections.

Vodafone Gigafast is only enabled in select cities which use CityFibre's network. Though they will be using Openreach's fibre in certain places in the future.

"Under the existing CityFibre agreement, Vodafone Gigafast Broadband is live or planned in the following 12 towns and cities: Aberdeen, Bournemouth, Cambridge, Coventry, Edinburgh, Huddersfield, Leeds, Milton Keynes, Northampton, Peterborough, Southend-on-Sea and Stirling. They will be joined by Birmingham, Bristol and Liverpool using the Openreach network."

Yep thanks, I'm in Southend and because a colleague has it down the road, I came to the wrong conclusion. And as Voda does use openreach for some connections, I thought they'd appear as a partner. Dammit,  all clear now, but had to order through BT.