Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Gigafast FTTH & VOIP

uncle024
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I currently have FTTH with new VF router which has  POTS ports. When I started the service I did not ask for VOIP. I am thinking of asking for enabling VOIP as a second line, NOT porting my existing BT line. Be interested in any user experience with the VOIP service in Milton Keynes.

13 REPLIES 13

machare
13: Advanced Member

You can obtain a VOIP service from the likes of Voipfone, Sipgate, AA.  The Gigaset DECT base station and Gigaset phones is a possibility. The base station can connect to both your phone line and by ethernet to your router.

ctmkuk
4: Newbie

i got a new 01908 number when I had my VF gigafast installed. All worked fine from the off. But I've now removed the VF router and installed a 3rd party Draytek in its place. However, this doesn't have POTS ports and been told by VF support that I can no longer use my new 01908 service. I'm looking at porting it to Voipfone.co.uk after a tip from an MKBAGer. 

Vodafone will give you the SIP codes if you ask for them

Hi. Did you just ask via chat? I asked a long while ago and they said no, but maybe things have moved on??

Just keep asking!

Has anyone actually managed to get the SIP details out of Vodafone so been able to use their 'Gigafast FTTH' VoIP phone service via a 3rd party router and a SIP Phone / Asterisk PBX ???

Th edetails I got from VF - didn't work. Has anyone managed to get a SIP connection going using third party equipment?

machare
13: Advanced Member

I use a Gigaset N300 and C430 phones with Vodafone VDSL and Gigaclear FTTH. Suppliers are Voipfone, Sipgate and Discountvoip.  

So given that list of suppliers, it looks like you have VOIP working but using both 3rd party kit and 3rd party VOIP service. Given that post suggested he'd got details from VF, is it safe to assume that he's trying to use 3rd party equipment onto the VF VOIP service?

I got some details from VF for thier VOIP service but even the basic DNS lookup of the hosts is failing, even when I use VF DNS rather than public. So I didn't get very far. I've not had a chance to go back to it again. But would be interested on whether anyone has the VF VOIP service up and running on 3rd party kit as well.