main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Gigafast Milton Keynes installation questions

1: Seeker

Bit confused about my pending Gigafast install here in Milton Keynes, hopefully someone already with the install complete can advise!

The router has arrived today, but not the Fibre termination box (the Calix Gigapoint 801Gv2 I believe it's meant to be) - does the installation engineer bring that with them?

Also all the emails from Vodafone keep telling me that an "Openreach" engineer will attend on the day to complete the install. Has this work been subbed out to OpenReach or is that either (a) a typo or (b) suggesting I have been booked for the wrong type of install!?

Thanks,
Don.

View more options
5 REPLIES 5

Thanks for getting in touch @donoketty, if you have any questions about your Gigafast installation the best thing you can do is call our Broadband team: 03333 040 191 and asked to be transferred over to our Gigafast team. They'll be more than happy to clear everything up for you 👍

View more options
2: Seeker

Hi

My connection is done already.

They  installed new router 27. December and it doesn’t work. 

then I had every single day phone call from Vodafone with apologies because they had some problems. Internet start on 07 January. Speed is amazing, I have 100Mbit/s connection both download and upload. On Speedtest is always more then 100Mbit/s

So I was thinking that’s end of my problems but I was wrong. Now  I found that my FTP download  is limited to 2MB/s  ( I did several test )  upload is working fine 12.5MB/s

Today I spoke with Vodafone customers service and they said that is no Vodafone network problem . That’s not true. Still I have BT broadband and everything works well. I think that I will cancel my Vodafone broadband. What’s the point to have fast speed broadband just to web browser. I have few file servers and I can’t use it.

View more options
1: Seeker

Thanks for that - sorry to hear it is not so good.

To answer my question if that is okay - who did the installation, OpenReach or someone else? Did they bring the black fibre termination device with them? I only received the router through the post. Like you I have kept BT Broadband and will for at least 2 months before cancelling!

View more options
2: Seeker

It is a bit confused. Installation did team  who was wearing vodafone uniforms, they said they work for CityFibre and they worked earlier for OpenReach BT

Installers will bring the  fibre modem and they will connect it to fibre line on your street. 

When you internet will start please let me know download speed from this site:  http://www.ovh.net/files/

I have max 2MB/s

should be 12.5MB/s

View more options

@ffgmat As @TJ stated if you contact the number above and ask them to transfer you to the Gigafast team they'll be more than happy to look in to your issue. What package did you sign up to? Joe

View more options