Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Gigafast activation

Rob135
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello everyone! 

Back in March, City fibre installed the cabling in our Cul-de-sac for gigafast fibre. (Including an access box at the bottom of our drive). All roadworks have long since left (suggesting that works are complete), but whenever I use the postcode checker, it says that it is not available.

I would have thought that 9 months would have been more than enough to finish connection, so suspect that we've fallen through a gap.

Since the connection doesn't complete the ~5 metres to our front door, we're not showing as available.

Not for want of trying, I cannot get into contact with anyone at Vodafone who is able to help ("Sorry, its not available in your area" ). 

Currently, only Virgin provides 'decent' (used loosely) broadband to our address, and I'm paying over-the-odds because I'd rather not be roped into another minimum contract when a superior service is 5 metres away!

Is there anyone here who knows how I could get in contact with someone at Vodafone who might be able to help?

Thanks alot for reading! 

Robert Bettson 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello Evie 

Thanks for your response. 

It has become apparent that I'm not going to get any help explaining why I cannot use the fibre optic cable that was installed at the bottom of my drive 9 months ago.

Unfortunately, I will have to get in touch with Virgin Media and sign up for another minimum term contract with them for an inferior service.

As such, I will not be signing up with Vodafone for at least the next 12-18 months. Maybe someone will realise the mistake by then.

Again, many thanks for your time and response 

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Rob135 Hi there Robert, I'd advise continuing to monitor our broadband availability on our site as this will change with any updates we add for your area. We'd be unable to confirm when Gigafast broadband would be available in your area before then.

Hello Tash. 

Thank you for your response, but (with the utmost respect), I've been watching the checker for 9 months. 

Someone (presumably Vodafone) has spent money installing cabling across our Cul-de-sac to the outside of my house (it goes nowhere else) and are failing to get the return on that investment due to 5 metres.

I would like to get in touch with someone who can look at a map and thus would soon realise that cabling has been laid to our house, but not quite completed

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Rob135 I can understand how frustrating it must be going back to the checker every now and again and seeing it's still not available. Our Broadband availability is kept up to date and as soon as it is available in your area you'll be the first to know.

As far as being able to contact a certain department who may be able to speed up the process, this isn't something within our scope, and we would need to allow CityFibre and our network team to complete the installation, and then our website will be updated accordingly.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I would advise to follow the link @Tash has given above to keep updated 😊

Hello Evie 

Thanks for your response. 

It has become apparent that I'm not going to get any help explaining why I cannot use the fibre optic cable that was installed at the bottom of my drive 9 months ago.

Unfortunately, I will have to get in touch with Virgin Media and sign up for another minimum term contract with them for an inferior service.

As such, I will not be signing up with Vodafone for at least the next 12-18 months. Maybe someone will realise the mistake by then.

Again, many thanks for your time and response