Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Gigafast and Echo

Caz1257
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I had gigafast installed early April and everything fine apart from Echos will not connect. Vodafone help split the router and no joy. Amazon help was trying for over an hour deregistering and re connecting but nothing is working. It just keeps saying no wifi connection. I have an older echo plus and a new echo dot. Any help would be appreciated- I have deleted the app and reinstalled it. So frustrated!! 

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Caz1257 

This is advice from a Vodafone Moderator from an older thread.

My apologies if you've already tried this.

" To connect your Echo to your Vodafone router, please work through the following instructions.

In the Alexa app, open the left navigation panel and then select Settings.

Select your device and then select Update Wi-Fi. 

If you're adding a new device to your account, select Set up a new device instead.

On your Amazon Echo device, press and hold the Action button until the light ring changes to orange. 

Your mobile device will then connect to your Amazon Echo device.

A list of available Wi-Fi networks appear in the app.

Note: The Alexa app may ask you to manually connect your device to your Amazon Echo device through your Wi-Fi settings.

Select your Wi-Fi network and enter the network password (if required).

If you don't see your Wi-Fi network, scroll down and select Add a Network (for hidden networks) or Rescan.

Select Connect. After your device connects to your Wi-Fi network, a confirmation message appears in the app. You're now ready to use Alexa. "

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi thanks but yes have tried this numerous times. It’s driving me nuts! Have factory reset both appliances. Just nothing working 😢

BandOfBrothers

Heck @Caz1257  !

Maybe try a forum search too.

If no joy may I then respectfully suggest to try the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries as they may have some further tips.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can probably merge your SSIDs, and then rather than using auto WiFi Channels, pick specif channels on 2.4GHz either 1, 6, or 11 and on 5GHz one of 36, 40, 44, or 48.

I know those channels are crowded, but some Amazon Echos will not connect outside of 1-11 and 36 to 48 respectively.

I have the same problem. I have tried all reset options and still no joy, have you got a solution to this issue

Sadly not. I left it unplugged for a few weeks and tried again but still no joy. Please let me know if you ever found a solution. Completely baffled by it!