Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Gigafast and Sky Q

wizzywig27
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have had Vodafone Gigafast installed today, all ok apart from the fact that the router does not show in the list of available networks in Sky Q. I have spoken to Vodafone via chat and he asked me to split the SSID, that didn't work. He then asked me to change the DNS - I asked how changing the DNS would make the router show up in my list of networks and he said I now need to go to sky to check the DHCP settings of the Sky Q box.

I am at a complete loss, no point in having Gigafast internet if I can't watch anything using it. They have until tomorrow when I can actually speak to someone before I cancel, less then 24hrs after install.

Has anyone got any ideas at all?

3 REPLIES 3

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Is the Sky Q box a long way from the router? Now you no longer have the Q modem the mesh facility of the Q system will no longer work and I believe that means the Q box will have to use 2.4Ghz. Could you temporarily move the box closer to the router to prove if this is the case?

The box is about 2 meters from the router. Before Vodafone I was using BT and the router is right next to it and I had no problems 

Jayach

Are any other devices unable to see the Vodafone SSID?