main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Gigafast in Edinburgh

Highlighted
3: Seeker

Can anyone tell me when Gigafast will be available to consumers in Edinburgh , espescially the EH8 postcode area?

The cables were installed and checked weeks ago , yet there is no sign of availabilty on vodafones website.

Customer support know absolutely nothing , nor can the tell me who to ask.

WHat's the point of installing all these fibre cables and not using them?

I am not satisfied with my vodafone superfast service , but am hanging on in the hope I can subscribe to gigafast before I decide to change supplier completely.

so , come on , someone must know about gigafast (FTTH) availabilty ?

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
15: Advanced member

It could be some time as I believe Vodafone is going through an existential crisis, having been banned from referring to their FTTH/FTTP services as "gigafast".

View more options

Hey @simon1160, you can check your Gigafast availability on our website here. If it's not in your area at the moment, we're working on extending our reach and getting more and more customers connected everyday. 

You can get in touch with one of our broadband advisers on 03333 040 191 and ask to speak with our Gigafast team - they might be able to shed a little light on this for you 👍

View more options
2: Seeker

If it helps, in Stirling we had the "road guys" dig in the fibre network in mid Janunary and we went live last week. We went for the 100mb option and via Wi-Fi syncing at just over - 105 - 110mb. Worth the wait! :-)

View more options

thanks , so about 3 /4 months , maybe, I'm sure it's worth it too.

View more options

How are your download speeds ?

Does streaming work ok ?

Bannockburn is getting done just now, but have seen a few scary stories about rubbish speeds, even on the 900 connection in Aberdeen.

Cheers

Chalky

View more options