main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Gigafast issues ongoing 5 weeks after install!!

Highlighted
4: Newbie

Hi, I had Gigafast installed on the 30th of September, 2 days after I moved into my new house.

I ordered in store at the Milton Keynes branch and opted for the 500mbps package.

Since Install i haveI had constant drops and after a few weeks of back and forth and an engineer visit I got that sorted. Was a dodgy router so it was replaced.

Also after install I have also never achieved the speed I should have, 500 mbps is what I should be getting and I'm getting around 150mbps down. Weirdly getting around 500mbps up.
This is wired into a laptop capable of gigabit speeds. 

Ive been told city fibre say my line is fine and it's a Vodafone issue. I have been onto level 2 tech support constantly and I've lost count of how many times I've called. I've had calls from them and they have now moved it to level 3 apparently.

Today I received a text to say my issue had been sorted. Naturally the first thing I did when I got home was to do a speed test. Unfortunately and annoyingly my issue has NOT been sorted and after count,ess speed tests it's still the same. I've had nothing but issues since I got this installed 5 weeks ago and find this totally unacceptable! 

I'm now AGAIN on the phone in a que 57 minutes in waiting to speak to some one and will no doubt be going around in circles again! 

What do i do? 

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
17: Community Champion

Hi @Chats81 

I can appreciate how frustrating this must be for you.

Please do check your contract T&C's to check on what Vodafone are expected to do when they fail to achieve.

I would suggest to persevere with customer services via Broadband-and-Home-Phone-FAQs. 

You could also raise a complaint via complaints  if you feel this warranted.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
4: Newbie

Hi, I have now eventually got through to level 2 and it seems some one else has had the same issue, it turns out because I'm getting the upload and not the correct download speeds it could be a hardware fault on my end. I've looked at my laptop to which I'm using for tests and although it's not old the lan card isn't working as it should, I've since tried a different laptop and replaced that lan card and I'm now hitting the correct speeds.. 

I believe the problem wasn't just my equipment as I did try other devices prior, so I'm guessing it's the fault on both ends, I'm just glad to have it all sorted now,

View more options

I'm glad to hear you're getting the speeds you should be now @Chats81 👍 If there's anything else you need help with, please don't hesitate to get back in touch. 

View more options