main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Has anyone connected to the Epson printer?

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
3: Seeker

As there is no WPS button on the Vodafone router, the way to enable WPS is to press the button on the side which I tried100 times and never worked. (I rebooted, re-installed did everything said on the market) 
I searched online and turned out so many people are having a problem with connecting Epson printer and Vodafone wifi since 2017.
I still have never seen anyone who managed to connect Epson printer to Vodafone router to print things.
I was able to use the same printer with Relish and sky in the past. Only Vodafone router has this issue.
It seems to me that Vodafone cannot merely accept Epson printer in particular.
I am curious if anyone has ever managed to connect Epson printer and Vodafone wifi. XP-225 is mine but seems that any Epson printer cannot connect to the Vodafone router.

I have been struggling with this Vodafone router that doesn't like Epson printer for nearly 4 months, still no luck.

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
4: Newbie

Depending on your router it will either be a Thomson THG3000G or a Huawei HHG2500. The Thomson router is a rectanglar router and the Huawei is more of a square shaped router.

Use a USB cable and plug this in between the router and the printer.

Then login to the router by do the following:-

Open a web browser, the default static IP address of the router is 192.168.1.1 so type this in the address bar. The default login details are on the bottom or back or the router so login to the router with these.

These are the instructions for the THG3000G router:-

Once logged in select Expert Mode at the top.

Then select Sharing

Then where it says Printers click on the toggle switch to enable sharing of the printer.

Then on your computer search for the printers location and port (it will look something like this at the start in the router page if you refresh the Sharing page on the router http://VFR.broadband:631/printers/).

Depending on the operating system you are using it may find it automatically.

View solution in original position

View more options
6 REPLIES 6

Depending on your router it will either be a Thomson THG3000G or a Huawei HHG2500. The Thomson router is a rectanglar router and the Huawei is more of a square shaped router.

Use a USB cable and plug this in between the router and the printer.

Then login to the router by do the following:-

Open a web browser, the default static IP address of the router is 192.168.1.1 so type this in the address bar. The default login details are on the bottom or back or the router so login to the router with these.

These are the instructions for the THG3000G router:-

Once logged in select Expert Mode at the top.

Then select Sharing

Then where it says Printers click on the toggle switch to enable sharing of the printer.

Then on your computer search for the printers location and port (it will look something like this at the start in the router page if you refresh the Sharing page on the router http://VFR.broadband:631/printers/).

Depending on the operating system you are using it may find it automatically.

View solution in original position

View more options

But mine is not THG3000G router, so this instruction didn't work.

I am sure there are so many people (or might be almost everyone) with the router same as mine cannot connect with Epson printer. I would like to know if anyone ever is able to connect the Vodafone router to Epson printer via wifi. (I have never heard even one person connected so far.. )

View more options

Hi @_tom

Three questions:-

1:  What Operating System are you using Windows, Linux or Mac OS, plus what version.

2:  Is the router you have the Huawei HHG2500 (square shaped with red lights at the bottom).

3: Is the reason you want it to connect the printer over wi-fi, because the printer is not near the router.

The administration pages on both the router GUI layouts are nearly the same. If you have the Huawei router this is how you can check and configure the WPS or Printer Sharing settings of the router are setup correcty:-

Open a web browser, the default static IP address of the router is 192.168.1.1 so type this in the address bar. The default login Admin password details are on the bottom or back or the router, so login to the router with these, if you haven't changed them.

Once logged in select Expert Mode at the top right hand corner.

Select Wi-Fi of the red bar at the top

Then down the left hand side select WPS

Then make sure the WPS function toggle switch is enabled

Then where is says WPS is applied to: make sure Main Wi-Fi is selected

Then underneath that in red it says Pair your devices by pressing a button make sure the To start pairing..... toggle switch is on.

Then click the Apply button at the bottom

The WPS function is now setup on the router correctly.

Then you can either press the Pair button on the same page in the Vodafone router or press the WPS button on the side of the router.

Now you need to put the Epson printer in WPS Pair mode

Hopefully this will pair them now.

Sometimes on wireless printers you have to configure them in USB mode first and then tell the software you install on your PC/Mac to reconfigure it to use a wireless connection.

If the WPS method doesn't work, this is how you setup the USB printer sharing via the router:-

Select Sharing on the red Vodafone bar

Then underneath where it says Printers it says Share All, click on the toggle switch to enable sharing of the printer.

Then click the Apply button at the bottom

Plug the printer in any USB port and under Sharing it will give the printers location on the network.

View more options
16: Advanced member

Getting the printer set up via WPS should be pretty simple.

I believe the sequence for your printer should be:

With the printer driver installed

Long press (3sec +) the WPS button on the printer.

Then QUICKLY (no more than 1 sec) and FIRMLY press the WPS/WiFi button on the side of the router.  If you are not sure that the button press made contact you are better off pressing again rather than holding the button (as holding the button turns the WiFi off).

Hopefully, when you've done this the WiFi buttons on the printer will flash to show that you've made a connection.

View more options
2: Seeker

Some printers only work on 2.4ghz, my HP printer did not want to run on combined SSID, so I set it to slip SSID and it works.

View more options

It turned out my Router had a faulty part - I had to exchange it and now it works as instructed. ...Thanks.

View more options