Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

High FEC Corrections and CRC errors on upstream

willink
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Can anyone advise if FEC upstream corrections increasing 3000 every 3 seconds is normal...  Just about to clock 100 million in 2 days.

I'have had dropouts of IM clients (not broadband connection though) since my line moved from BT to Vodafone.. BT on Fibre has been stable for years before the move.

Even disabling wireless on the router, connecting only 1 laptop to the physical port and having no internet activity there is still a 200 per 3 second increase...

This says to me something is wrong somewhere... CRC error count is 8775 after 2 days as well, downstream looks good 6 corrections and no CRC errors...

I woudl prefer to use my HG612 and synology router rather than this connect piece of crap. or at least for a test to rule out hardware fault. Was told it would go in modem mode by vodafone store when I agreed to move over and that's not available either.

Spoke to VF support, as much use as a chocolate teapot... so hoping someone in the community has seen these high errors before, or maybe someoen from vodafone but I won't hold my breath...

305 REPLIES 305

OK Joe - appreciate your efforts on our behalf

Hi all, just a quick update. Our 3rd line team is still investigating the issue and I'm awaiting further updates from them regarding the FEC errors. If i get anything from them, i'll be in touch. Joe

Glad I have just found this thread. As I am also suffering with both High FEC errors and CRC errors. Have to admit when I was talking with the broadband team in the UK. They did seem slightly baffled at my language. But fortunatly when I chased later I spoke to on the the out of hours teams not in the UK. Which fortuntaly I speak to quite often with my job, so knew the pereson quite well. So managed to get a few more tests done while on the phone then normal. From investigation. Had issues completeing a Intrusive test Line test. But managed to have SNR reset completed on the line. Due to the errors an automatic cap had been also put on the line. . Had a BT engineer out who has also confrim that the line direct the the exchange had no errors and the line was in extremly good shape and no REIN was effecting on the line it self or premise. The next hop to the Vodafone Core network was fine ast well. Which suggests to me this could be a core infrastucture issue or an NNI issue. As we have had a simular issue with our partner with the cause being an NNI.

I can send the information if you want as mines crazy.

@DanATR Hi, if I need any further information I'll be in touch. Joe

@DanATR Hey Dan, I've sent you a private message as need a bit of information. Joe

@Joe Still awating your PM.

@DanATR Got your message, i'll get the information passed on to the 3rd Line team. Joe

No problem. Phone, email, pm me when ever.... just want to help you guys get this resolved. Even if i need to trial Alpha/Beta firmware or routers, let me know ok.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for all your help @DanATR 👍