main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Homeless for 2 months - suspend contract?

2: Seeker

I'm currently being evicted from my flat thanks to my old flatmate not paying rent, and so I'll be homeless for 2 months, living on my sister's couch, until I get a new flat in August. This means I won't have the use of my broadband, or the means to pay for it, until I have my new flat set up. I don't want to cancel the broadband (I'm only 7 months into my 18 month contract, and the early termination fees are far too much, plus it'd be too much hassle cancelling and then getting different broadband when I move), so I was wondering if my account could be suspended until I have a flat and then put back online?

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
17: Community Champion

Hi @nddlb

I doubt Vodafone will let you suspend a contract for 2 months.  However, it does not do any harm contacting Vodafone and explaining your circumstances.  This can be done by contacting the Broadband Team direct from the information below.

Broadband and Home Phone FAQ's

What should I do if I can’t pay my bill?

View more options
17: Community Champion

Hi @nddlb

What an awful situation to have been placed in and my heart goes out to you. 

You could ask Vodafone if they can move things to your sisters address if that's viable. 

If it's not an option then unfortunately as your locked into the contractual term they wouldn't suspend payments. 

I'm not even sure of they could downgrade your package to a cheaper one so at least your not paying as much. 

Something similar happened to my eldest son and he had to move and his ISP was sympathetic but as he was also locked in to his contractual obligations he still had to pay each month. 

Not paying and the ISP exhausting all means of collection can lead to debt management collection agencies being brought in, suspension of service, fee's and in the extreme a 6 Year Default on a Credit File. 

I wish you all the best with this situation and hope things settle down for you. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options