cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How can I make a complaint about home broadband renewal experience?

davebmk
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Or make any sort of complaint I guess, which doesn't fit into the short narrow list of suggested problems? Typical of many other big companies who basically just want to make it nigh on impossible for customers to contact them unless it's to buy something. Hard enough to even find the Contact Us button without then being unable to pass on both criticism for hours of time wasted being passed from person/team to another on Chat, then similar experience on the phone. I did want to finally praise Mohammed and Ki in the Gigafast team, who sorted my renewal out in a few minutes. Were it not for illness at home which makes changing supplier at short notice an unwanted task I'd have been gone. Promised speeds and coverage have never materialised, and this would have been final straw. Starting from having me down in the renewal offer email as a Superfast 2 customer, offering me the wrong package, then time after time waiting in silence for 10 minutes+ "while  I get your details", or "I'm passing you to another team", to (the agent) being cut off and going dead in mid-sentence, the customer service stinks. Working from home I understand, but the management organising customer service/renewals needs to be drastically improved. Once I was finally passed to the Gigafast team it was like night and day.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I'd say a big thanks to Jayach👍

I can't speak for anyone else but, personally, I don't want to pay for a service, have an issue, and spend hours and hours trying to get someone who's English is 'broken' to understand and deal with an issue. It takes forever.

All I want is to be able to explain the issue, succinctly, in an email/post and have someone deal with it and get back to me. That's how it should be, it's not rocket science. It worked fine before. That way 'they' spend the time dealing with the issue and I don't have to. I'm sick (in general, not just VF) of having to spend 45m to 1hour on the phone every single time there's an issue or a query with a bill, or whatever. It's an insane waste of time.

So, thanks for the link. If I have another issue with VF I will be using it!

KR, DW

View solution in original position

16 REPLIES 16

MarkD

Hi @davebmk, when you're coming up to renew any product, this should be a straight forward journey. It's great to hear that Mohammed got everything sorted and we're sorry about the experience that you had leading up to speaking to the agent. So we can take a look at this at this in more detail, please send our team a message over Facebook or Twitter with your Community username. You can find all the contact details here

What if you don't want to reply via Facebook or twitter, what if you want to make a good old fashioned complaint via email or address and not have all your details and information posted to the public and sucked up by yet more corporations?

Our social media team would be happy to take a look at the complaint, however, we understand that this channel is not for everyone. If you prefer, you can raise this by an online form, a phone call or a postal letter. All of the contact details can be found on website here.

This is exactly my point. I'm not on Twitter; I hardly use Facebook any more, but I HAVE followed the only lead given and messaged on Facebook. I wasn't prepared to itemise each of the chats I had with multiple people, or calls with at least 4 different people. I  was told chats were recorded. The links you show will only have me tearing my hair out trying to find a complaints form. That's exactly what I was saying. Surely someone from Vodafone can simply link to an actual form. Like many people I've switched supplier several times, never for reasons of customer service, and I can safely say Vodafone take the biscuit for worst I have encountered; and it's not the quality of call centre staff but the management and organisation that's starts by sending out the wrong renewal email, and the inability to transfer calls between Superfast staff and Gigafast staff, or so it appears?

Mark D,

Please, do us the kindness of stating an email and address on here for complaints. Sending us to a random page with a million links is as helpful as a chocolate teapot frankly.

Thankyou for your, hopefully, help.

dw

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I don't know of an email address for complaints, but there is an online complaints form.

https://complaints.vodafone.co.uk/resource?id=27700

Never tried it myself, and like all things Vodafone it may not be much use, but you could give it a try.

Thank you very much Jayach. I will use this.

Thank you for similar link clint_flick, and dw89 for sentiments expressed. I appreciate that working patterns have to be different for lots of companies and people now, but it is pretty disheartening to find the link you're looking for - eg. Contact Us or Make a Complaint, only to find, invariably,disappointment and frustration. It shouldn't take an hour - time recorded - in Chat late afternoon to then be told- we can't handle your problem here; call  number xxxx tomorrow morning. Which still didn't work. As more people are being forced to learn basic online skills for the first time, to run up against problems that are easily avoidable is unacceptable.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I appreciate your frustration with this @davebmk - We don't want you to have to jump through multiple hoops to speak to the team you're trying to get a hold of. I hope you've since been able to get through to someone who can handle your complaint.

We are always happy to help with account specifics queries over our social media platform if you choose to message us there.