main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

How to port forward successfully?

Highlighted
2: Seeker

So I have already setup the portforwarding but it is not actually opening the ports. There where 4 ports already active, so I tried to de-activate them using the switch but that did nothing. I can add ports via an external program but it only does a select number of ports.
The 'active' ports can be found bellow.

Screenshot_62.png
The first 4 where added by another device and are working. The last 4 (21,22,443,80) where added by myself.
As you see bellow, only 4 out of the 8 ports are being detected. And they are the ones added by another device, and not done via the website.
Screenshot_63.png
I have an external application that I can add port mappings with but it is unable to apply those 4 ports (21,22,443,80). it is able to apply  other ports like 25565. If I attempt to add port 25565 to the list on the website it does nothing. Is there anyway to have port forwarding work or am I just wasting my time?

View more options
4 REPLIES 4

The two images are attached as they have not visually loaded for me.

Hey @ReduxGB, thanks for getting in touch. Did you use the following steps to add these ports?

• Go to vodafone.connect or 192.168.1.1
  • Enter the password - vodafone
  • In the top right, change this mode to expert mode
  • Go to the Internet tab
  • Click on Port Mapping on the left hand side
  • Click on the plus option
  • Select the device, enter the protocol you need and the type.
  • Hit save and then apply
View more options

Yes I have preformed all of that and nothing has happened, port is still being seen as closed. Is there anyway to work around this?

Sorry for the late reply, never saw the email come in.

View more options

There's a really awesome post here, with some great information included about getting your Port Forwarding set up @ReduxGB. Give that a try and see if that helps 🤞

View more options