cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to setup VoIP home-office system using a Vodafone landline number over Vodafone Broadband

Kirksal
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Just setting my new home-office and got the Vodafone Business Broadband w/ a landline number. All works perfectly but I couldn’t figure out how to set up my Huawei eSpace 7910 VoIP phone into my new settings.

Can anyone let me know or direct me to the right info about how to setup VoIP home-office system using a Vodafone landline number over Vodafone Broadband? Couldn’t find any content in Vodafone website.

Thank you all!

- Köksal.

11 REPLIES 11

Stubbo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Kirksal 

Could you ensure you've done the following things? 

• Make sure your router allows SIP traffic.
  • Disable all VoIP settings on your router, for example, the application-level gateway, so the SIP packets are never blocked.
  • Open specific ports in your firewall, for example, UDP port 5060.

If you're still struggling afterwards, you can check out loads of info here 

Let me know how you get on 😊

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kirksal I presume this is either an FTTP or FTTH business broadband plan, because if it were the equivalent of the consumer Superfast FTTC plans, then (as far as I'm aware) the included landline would be supplied as a standard line, and not VoIP!

*More than prepared to be proven wrong here, sometimes you just need someone to ask the obvious question!

HI, just reopening this 2 year old thread - and to confirm I have Gigafast Pro 900 (FTTP direct into the home) with VOIP provided as the openreach line has been terminated now.

So the question - same as the above poster:  do i use the same PPPOE username and password in my own VOIP phone hardware?  If so, what SIP domain and port should be used to allow VOIP on my own hardware?   (I have ditched the shockingly awful Vodafone supplied Technicolor wifi router with built-in VOIP phone port, and replaced with my own 1gig Mesh router system which is working like a dream for internet... just need to now figure out the VOIP settings and then it's complete.    

PS: I noticed that Vodafone's Homeworker product allows a landline to be migrated to a Vodafone provided VOIP line - with the user getting the choice to use their own hardware: https://onenet.vodafone.com/latest/uk/en/content/topics/cf/devices/devices-home-worker-connection-re...

Therefore, I wonder if the Gigafast VOIP element is using this "Vodafone One Net" system to deliver voip to FTTP customers??

In particular, I am using this VOIP hardware:  https://onenet.vodafone.com/latest/uk/en/content/topics/cf/devices/devices-cisco-ata-122 

Hi, did you figure this out?

I've just had FTTP installed with the 500Mbps package with included phone. I am using my own equipment with my PPPOE details and would like to make use of my included phone line too if possible?

You'll need to obtain the details from Vodafone Support, this may well include a different phone username, password and some server details.  While a few people seem to have obtained these, I'm not aware of anyone publishing the server details yet!

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Just to confirm what @CrimsonLiar says, there have been people who say they have obtained the details, but nobody (AFAIK) has said they have managed to get it working.

WelshPaul

You cannot use your Vodafone digital voice landline with any other hardware other than your Vodafone HUB. Even if you manage to obtain the credentials and SIP URL, it still won't work! The server is configured to talk securely to your supplied Vodafone HUB, and that device alone.

Jayach

@WelshPaul wrote:

The server is configured to talk securely to your supplied Vodafone HUB, and that device alone.

I wasn't aware of that and had been hoping it would be possible some day to get it to work with an alterative router/ATA.

Oh well, VoIP services are fairly cheap, it's just annoying that people would be paying for one from Vodafone, but not able to use it without being restricted to their hardware.

I’m afraid I don’t understand why there is this restriction, Vodafone, apart from a desire to continue to charge silly money for phone calls. The adapter in the nonky router is obviously a standard ATA, as the router prevents you from doing anything with port forwards on 5060.

If it wasn’t for my telephone number, I’d put my own router in and sign up to a proper sip provider.