Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I am still receiving bills after leaving

nickcooper180
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am unfortunatly still reciving emails saying I owe various amounts of money to Vodaphone, after closing down an account. I do not even live at the previous address. 

I closed it down in october last year. Does anyone have any ideas on how i can stop these as Vodaphone customer support on the phone just said ignore them. 

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

In which way did you close your Vodafone UK contract @nickcooper180 

i.e 

Via moving your service to another isp.

Vodafone should send a Sorry your leaving letter and £0 bill once the final bill has been paid via Direct debit which typically takes 2-4 weeks from ending the contract.

Customer services on 191 or via the landline number in Contact-us  or Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries can check your account status.

I would also check your Credit File via Experian to ensure nothing negative has been added.

Ignoring things like official communication that monies are owned can lead sometimes to negative impact on your Credit File such as late payment markers and defaults that last 6 years !!

Edited to remove irrelevant information.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @nickcooper180 

If you changed providers for your Broadband, unless you were on Gigafast, your new provider should have taken care of the cancellation with Vodafone and made all the arrangements.  There is further information from Ofcom here: Ofcom - Switching Broadband Supplier 

Also further advise from Vodafone here: Cancel Broadband 

I would suggest you contact the Broadband Team direct from the information on this link, they will be able to investigate the reason you are still be billed after leaving:  Broadband and Home Phone FAQs 

Hello all, 

I was not at the property as it was a break up in a relationship with my former partner,

I explained this to vodafone.

I didnt get another broadband package for a house move as I rented with someone else for a little while. 

Just all seems very odd that ive called them and they said ignore them however i do not belive this is fair conduct from their half as im sure it will affect my credit score if they keep on asking for money off me. 

Hi @nickcooper180 

Sorry to hear about the circumstances.

If you were the named account holder then it would be you still that Vodafone come to for payment.

As I mentioned if this was my situation I'd would certainly not ignore this due to the fact that it could have a negative impact on my credit File.

Current Phone  >

I have just got through to the billing department, apparently even though the account was closed there was still an outstanding balance on the bill. I had to make sure any black marks were taken off my name etc and got a proff of final payment from the via an ID code so hopefully this solves it. 

Thank you for all your help. 

Fantastic news @nickcooper180 

We sometimes see a small amount still owing on an account as a person sometimes cancels their direct debit a little too fast.

Still I would suggest to check your Credit File in around 30 days just for peace of mind.

Good job you didn't ignore this as advised or it could have snowballed  !

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @nickcooper180 

As recommended in my reply, I am glad the Broadband Team were able to clarify the reason for the continued billing.

As the account was only closed October last year, I doubt that it would have impacted on your credit rating that quick.

similar problem but just a 'strait forward' line transfer to another provider. sorted now ( hopefully)

Ive just now looked at my experian report and it says I owe vodaphone £5 pounds how can this be as I cleared the balance. Why do I owe money for a service that i cancelled and cleared its just not fair.