Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

IP subnet GigaFast service?

Ipfreely
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hey,

I'm very new here and seeking to take Vodafone up on the awesome opportunity to apply for Gigafast 900/900 service.

I am seeking to obtain clearer information or instructions of whom to speak with surrounding the matter of an IP subnet, I'm fairly clear on the matter a single static IP can easily be obtained either by requesting such at the time of application or a while later on speaking to the correct staff but nothing much in relation to obtaining an IP subnet.

I have my own servers which I utilise for usage and can obtain such via ZEN without any hassle at all up to around 32 IPs even on a standard VDSL 80/20 package and at fairly little costs.

Can such be obtained via Vodafone or would I be wasting further time enquiring in to the service.

Kind regards and thanks very much for reading or replying ahead of schedule:)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to Vodafone, but if you expect any request to be hassle-free then maybe think again!

On Vodafone's home broadband plans you can request a single static IP.  There is nothing in the pricing about being able to order extra static IPs in the home broadband literature, but some have reported in these forums that it is possible.

Business broadband is different, but only talks about ordering up to 8 IPs ( https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Broadband-home-phone/Broadband-business-/1470001772/How-and-when-can-... ) and it's not clear that it is possible to order more than this.  In any case, it is necessary to talk to a business broadband advisor to do this, and if you then require domain names to be registered then that (according to these forums) is a whole other hassle!

Advice:  Not all ISP are equal! Speak to the Vodafone business broadband team first, only sign up if they utterly and totally can convince you that they are competent enough to meet your demands (personal opinion on this 0.01%).

Good luck, but I suspect once you've done your research you'll steer well clear of VF!

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to Vodafone, but if you expect any request to be hassle-free then maybe think again!

On Vodafone's home broadband plans you can request a single static IP.  There is nothing in the pricing about being able to order extra static IPs in the home broadband literature, but some have reported in these forums that it is possible.

Business broadband is different, but only talks about ordering up to 8 IPs ( https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Broadband-home-phone/Broadband-business-/1470001772/How-and-when-can-... ) and it's not clear that it is possible to order more than this.  In any case, it is necessary to talk to a business broadband advisor to do this, and if you then require domain names to be registered then that (according to these forums) is a whole other hassle!

Advice:  Not all ISP are equal! Speak to the Vodafone business broadband team first, only sign up if they utterly and totally can convince you that they are competent enough to meet your demands (personal opinion on this 0.01%).

Good luck, but I suspect once you've done your research you'll steer well clear of VF!

Heya,

That's a good start in my mind and I'll definitely chase-up vodafone, start enquiries to further the purchase however I dont mind at all waiting for another provider to come along where I can obtain the same.

I do worry about signing up for business packages and even today using the vodafone checker service with the same address details I'm offered 900/900 on residential yet trying business limits me to 76/20? -that alarms me personally because usually its vice versa along with an inflated price but as you mention extra obtainable service options, SLA (service level agreement).

I nearly had to resort to purchasing a leased line some years ago and honestly it was such a fuss, over nothing.

I'll make further enquiries today of which I would be happy to return my findings here in the hope it clears up any others possible enquiries, 

Thank you kindly indeed :Laughing_Face:

Hey folks, 

Heres an update and although I spoke to various departments have reached my questions and queries being answered fully and through a professional process.

Currently yes a single static IPv4 is totally plausible as we all know, provisions, notions are taking place presently in order to facilitate customers like myself with home labs and you can be sure will be deployed in good time.

I was not here to argue with them or expect VF to just plainly bend over a barrel for me either without armed with lube but I will say again the notion of obtaining subnets is being deployed at a later date, I totally sympathise with them as this is not always the norm and I even stressed this fact, I am happy to display or present data traffic telemetry of my usage.

I'm neither looking to abuse the system I am just seeking a service that suits my needs and would like them addressed prior to signing any agreement or taking onboard services.

Sadly for myself personally this is not the result that would work best for myself, I am willing to wait until that day comes along but am sticking with my current provider ZEN whom can provide me with the services I need albeit at a reduced speed presently.

I hope this helps others, if you ask the right questions you will find the right people within VF, yes I was passed around to various departments but that is due to the nature of my questions which are generally out of the scope of most whom arm the telephones and is not directly there fault at all.

Thank you VF for being clear, I dont hold it against you and folks whom are just doing there jobs.

Kind regards.