Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

IPV6 Xbox

Nath6692
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello all,

I've recently been having issues on Xbox with my NAT type constantly going from Open to Moderate and I keep getting disconnected from online lobbies/servers, I've seen on Xbox that they advise you to use IPV6, so I've been trying to get this sorted out but have become stuck in doing this. I have accessed the router and have checked that IPV6 is enabled, it is, yet my Xbox will still not use it, I've recently Wired my Xbox to the router instead of wireless as well. My router says that IPV6 is On in the Status section. So unsure as to how to get this sorted and have my Xbox use IPV6 and not IIPV4. Any help would be appreciated and I can provide screenshots of any info needed, just ask.

Thank you!

14 REPLIES 14

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Nath6692, there's a few threads in regards to IPv6 on this community that you may want to read here.

Thank you Dane, I have seen this thread before, however as it is dated from 2018 stating that Vodafone does not offer IPV6, I was unsure if this is still the case in 2020. Does Vodafone still not offer IPV6?

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Yes @Nath6692, that's right. We still don't offer IPv6. I can only apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

This is ridiculous, it's 2020 and Vodafone still do not offer IPv6.

BT have offered IPv6 for for a some years now, why is Vodafone not offering this?

Yeah I thought the same, I had this on BT at my parents house years ago, only moved to Vodafone once I moved out and thought it would have been standard in late 2019/20. Will go back to BT if this still isn't offered anytime soon.

Have you tried opening these ports as well ?

1. TCP 186
2. TCP/UDP 53
3. TCP/UDP 3074
4. UDP 88
5. UDP 500
6. UDP 1863
7. UDP 3544
8. UDP 4500

That is really bad... I recently changed to vodafone and have issues with fluctuating speed and my xbox upstairs has to be reconnected to the router everytime i turn it on... cant understand it.

As for IPv6 there was a report last year from Voda stating that it would be fully implemented by spring this year... and yet it isnt.

I was with BT for years and never had issues with router, xbox connections or speed throttling and even though I've only been with Voda for a couple weeks now I am beginning to think that it wasnt worth changing.

It's not worth changing, I made the same mistake, I'll be going back to BT soon, never had issues like I have now. 

Yeah... Feel like a mistake has been made.