Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Impossible to contact Vodafone

BSM48
4: Newbie

I am moving home. I just want to ask Vodafone to move my mobile, land-line, broadband connection and account address etc.

ToBi doesn't connect at all on the internet or my mobile app. I have waited for hours listening to the most outlandish "music".

How can a multi-national company be so amateurish and non-supportive? Why do they not have sufficient agents to handle the level of contact?

Do I have to consider leaving Vodafone and move to another provider?

7 REPLIES 7

HappyNomad
15: Advanced member
15: Advanced member

@BSM48 wrote:

Do I have to consider leaving Vodafone and move to another provider?

How will you tell them you are leaving?  😁

Try via the social media channels - it may (or may not) get results for you

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/About-the-Community/Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries/td-p/263... 

Jayach
16: Advanced member

To use live chat, and bypass Tobi, use this link: https://www.vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd/

It may be necessary to do it in a private/incognito  tab if you get the continuous circling.

I've signed up with BT/EE. I don't have the time to f**k around with Vodafone.

I expected, stupidly, that I could just contact Vodafone and arrange to move my account to a new home.

Wrong! Not being able to contact them over a 6 day period is out of order.

So I went to BT/EE and Vodafone want to charge me  £116 for a NUC code?? And Vodafone come back with 03-Jan-22 to terminate my account?? I'll be moved into my new place on 16-Dec and BT have arranged for an engineer to connect me on that date.

They've lost my account but I don't expect them to shed any crocodile tears.

Jayach

If you are still under contract with Vodafone for the broadband, you can expect them to hit you with a early termination fee. I want to cancel my home broadband service (vodafone.co.uk)

I finally managed to get through on Chat about the broadband. That's now scheduled for termination. Then I was told that a different department handles the mobile contract termination. The agent said he was transferring me but Chat went dead. The link I was given to return to the Chat didn't work. Now I can't get through to Vodafone to complete the termination. 191 tells me that I might be waiting "for hours". Chat doesn't connect via the web or the phone app.

Meanwhile I've received a text saying that terminating my account will cost me £115.68, but I can't contact anyone to query the charge, let alone terminate the contract.

I've come across bad service during my life but nothing as bad as this. I shall never recommend Vodafone to anyone. Who can I escalate this to? How do I lodge a formal complaint?

Jayach

@BSM48 wrote:

How do I lodge a formal complaint?

Complaints Code of Practice | Vodafone

If you want to try chat again use this link https://www.vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd/ , but do it in a private/incognito tab if you get the continuously spinning circle.

That advice worked. Thank you