main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Incredibly slow broadband - getting nowhere with support

2: Seeker

I've been fobbed off by three different advisers on live chat, each suggesting different fixes (none of which have made a bit of difference), each dropping out of chat when I asked about compensation for the poor service I've been receiving.

Broadband is incredibly slow - I've switched channels, updated DNS settings, without any explanation of how any of this is going to resolve my issue.  Every time I'm told somewhere in the region of 30 mins to 2-3 days and my problems should be solved.

These front line customer service people have been very polite, but totally silent when it comes to presenting me with any way of complaining, or advising me on any form of compensation when asked.  I'm very frustrated and will be seeking legal advice.

View more options
14 REPLIES 14
17: Community Champion

Hi @aballantine

May I ask you what your speeds are ?

I use Ookla Speedtest to check speeds myself. 

Vodafone do have a complaints procedure which can be found Here.

This might be of interest to you too >

Broadband-ultimate-speed-guarantee.

This was also posted recently by another member which may or may not help > Broadband-Home-Phone/Improve-broadband.

Theres not much more frustrating than an internet connection that hangs , lags and stutters and buffers so I wish you well with your situation. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

I'm syncing at 63.2 MB/s and getting d/l of 1.2 MB/s and upload of 3.1 MB/s.

Each time I asked the customer service representative about complaints or compensation they were not forthcoming with information.  If I were them I'd be happy to direct a customer to the correct policy or team.  Instead, they ignored my questions or cut my chat sessions short.

The only thing more frustrating than their internet is the lack of support.

View more options
13: Advanced Member

I'm in the same boat.  Tech support say that everything is 100% perfect, yet download speeds are shocking slow.  VF are the thieves of the ISP world.

The first person I spoke to about a refund said "oh yes, you can have a refund between now and when resolve the issue", but now they are denying there is a problem, then there obviously is.

The last excuse tech2 came up with was that my network cables didn't work in the dark and that I needed to use different ones.

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @aballantine, did our Tech 2 team get back in touch with you? The reason it takes up to 3 days is that our Tech 2 team need to run tests and gather information to help with your issue.

Have you been in contact with us again since you last spoke to our broadband support team?

View more options

I've spoken to tech 2 on the phone, had my line monitored and received a voicemail about arranging an engineer visit.  Since then I've been unable to get through on the phone to sort out a date and time, and spent an hour on live chat which didn't progress my case any further.  The outcome was "the team will call you to fix the time", "the team will contact you soon, and will arrange the visit accordingly", "the time we arrange the visit generally the team contact within 24 hours. However, this is the maximum time" - from that I expect to hear from them today, some time before 20.00.

View more options

It looks like a lot of us are in the same boat. I've had enough with going through the same useless scripted technical support and getting nowhere. It looks to me that they have either implemented traffic management / throttling or they are oversubscribed and the service is now unusable. What's the point in paying for Superfast 2 fibre when you get speeds slower than ADSL. The sync speed guarantee is the biggest con I've ever seen.

I'm jumping ship at the earliest opportunity. I'd sooner pay an early termination fee then to stick with this disgraceful service and terrible customer services.

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @aballantine, what was the outcome after the engineer visit?

Did you get this issue resolved in the end? 

Blair

View more options

Hi Blair

The Openreach engineer could find no fault in the line.  Vodafone called back to confirm the findings and let me know that as they are unable to provide me with the speed I was guaranteed in the contract that they will waive the early cancellation fee, should I choose to leave the contract.

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @aballantine, I'm sorry to hear that we couldn't find any issues and that we can't provide you with the necessary speeds you were expecting 

View more options
3: Seeker

"Hey @aballantine, I'm sorry to hear that we couldn't find any issues and that we can't provide you with the necessary speeds you were expecting "

Replace "expecting" with "promised by Vodafone" 

View more options
13: Advanced Member

I find it appalling that Vodafone’s response to this is “we can’t find any issues”.  The problem is obvious; if the line is syncing well and not showing errors the problem must exist in Vodafone’s network.

The same issues I am experiencing, and yet again it is impossible to get anyone to accept that the issues are of Vodafone’s own making.  They need to man up, accept they are $crewing their customers over and build a network with significantly more capacity so that they can service their current customer base properly before $hafting a new round of customers on the Shonky Ship Vodafone.

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

That's disappointing to hear @aballantine. It does sometimes happen unfortunately.

We're you advised that you have a long landline by any chance? The length of your line, basically from the router to the fibre cabinet, more or less defines the achievable speed. The quality of the line is also a crucial factor.

Blair

View more options

Nope. Was told by a technical advisor that I have a very short distance to the cabinet.

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

That's a bit strange then @aballantine.

Were you told any reason why your line can't reach the correct speed?

Blair

View more options