Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Installing a Mesh WiFi system with a Gigafast router

Bren60
2: Seeker

Please can anyone advise which Mesh WiFi extender is compatible with a Vodafone’s Gigafast Router. I was considering purchasing with the Eero system or Netgears Orbi system but I am unsure if either of these systems are compatible.

2 REPLIES 2

ngater

Your ability to do that very much depends on if it can be set to modem only mode.   I can't find a manual, but this post suggests modem only may not be possible with that router.

I've been doing similar using Superfast 2, but I've replaced the Vodafone supplied device with a third party modem (DrayTek Vigor 130) and then run that the mesh wifi.  I'm using the Netgear Deco's and they work really well.  Logically you could do similar by using a third party device set in modem only mode, but I've not idea which device would be suitable.  Try looking at this thread which covers a similar subject

JSteve303
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hey - so I already had a Linksys Velop system and struggled initially to get it setup but I'm pleased to report that it's now working and I have removed the Vodafone router.

The key part was being able to find out the VLAN number and include this when running through the setup.

I did have to get the username and password for the account from an online web chat team - but they provided it after advising they didn't recommend it... without that VLAN number, my initial setup didn't work.... once I entered that, it's running great