Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Is this private message for real?

davebmk
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I've not had time to pick this up till now, but 4 days ago I received a notification email from Vodafone Community that I have a private message from someone called "Beanstalk" advertising some junk site called "cryptorace".

I wouldn't have minded quite so much if I'd received an apology email immediately from you guys, telling me to disregard it, and that the sender had been thrown out of the community, but no, nothing. I've been a member of many community sites large and small, but never found myself open to junk or scam messaging before. I obviously haven't followed up on this, but surely it's Wrong with a capital W that there aren't systems in place in a company as large as Vodafone to stop this from happening?

I should add that I've searched for any similar occurrence without success.

4 REPLIES 4

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

There have been a couple of posts on here about it, like this one Banning of spammer. - Community home (vodafone.co.uk), and I had one myself. There didn't seem to be a way to report it (unlike with posts) so I just ignored it and got on with life.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @davebmk 

The Social Media Team's took action as soon as they became aware of this situation.

Totally appreciate your viewpoint on this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

clint_flick
12: Established
12: Established

Hi

I noticed I had one.........

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-broadband-queries/Banning-of-spammer/m-p/2683288#M19814

but from a Ladeeeee (possibly).

Yes, thanks guys. I knew it would be genuine, which was the shock, and was surprised there'd been no follow-up one from Vodafone. I went straight to "search" using "crypto____" but nothing showed up. Ah well...