Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Issues Connecting to work VPN

TheGrownUpGeek
2: Seeker

Good Morning All

I was wondering if anyone else has had issues connecting to Work VPNs on Vodafone Home Broadband.  I have a work laptop that uses the Cisco AnyConnect client to connect to our corporate VPN.  This has been checked multiple times by my work IT team and functions correctly when connected to any other internet connection Issues only arise when connected to my Vodafone broadband at home. The VPN tunnel is established but traffic is not being passed.  This logically would suggest that the issue is being caused by the Vodafone Broadband.

I have on multiple occasions spoke to the customer service team who just keep repeating the same unhelpful line that it must be the configuration of the VPN client.  Even when retold that it works on every other internet connection except VF they refuse to assist or provide any useful help.  When as advised by my work IT team i questioned whether they placed any restriction on VPNs they basically said we dont support VPNs and refused to help.  Great Customer Experience that im sure VF must be proud of.

Has anyone else has similar issues or managed to find a resolution?

Thanks in advance

23 REPLIES 23

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @saeedt!

Have you tried updating your Content Controls for your router? They may be set too high at the moment which could be causing the problem, please make sure these are lowered by following this handy video: 

Please let us know if this helps, if you're still having an issue please let us know, we'd be happy to help you look into this further 😀

@irene_l Hi there, we currently use the same program when we connect our laptops when working from home.  I can also confirm that we've not experienced any issues with that VPN on Vodafone broadband. Have you tried your own router yet. Please let us know how you get on. Joe

I'm.having the same issue with Cisco!! I removed content controls and still kicks me off

Blair
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @jennig, are you able to use the VPN on another broadband service?

I'm just trying to establish if it''s our router, or something else causing the issue. I've been looking through the Cisco community and there were some users unable to use a certain build of the VPN client with a certain build of Windows 10.

Blair

Wess81
1: Seeker

I too have work VPN issues. My company uses Pulse Secure. I sometimes have issues connecting, I often lose connection after less than 5mins, and when I am connected it is usually painfully slow (like 90s dial up). The odd thing is, for an hour or so a day (!), it can work fine and with reasonable speed.

I'm on Superfast. My IT dept. reinstalled Pulse with a later version. No difference. Any ideas?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know it's easy and useful to have VPN connections handled by the modem/router but with the issues, the VF device has, would it be feasible to set up the VPN connection from an individual device instead?

Japete

Although My Vodafone wifi connection can establish a work VPN connection,  it will not hold a VPN connection for more than a minute  and requires re establishing the VPN to continue working, interested in a fix for this as it is very frustrating

panos93x
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello

I have exactly the same issue and I would like to ask you if you have resolved it. Or if Vodafone know how to resolve it now????

thank you in advance 

Hi panos, sorry to hear, it’s such an annoying issue!

It got resolved when I accidentally wiped out all my data during a faulty MacOS software update 🙂 I lost all my data and had to reinstall afresh.

Funny enough, with the new OS, the VPN issue disappeared, and my computer started to connect normally, so it was a bit of a consolation for all the files and information I’d lost.

Perhaps a less radical version of that would be to try updating your OS to see if that works.

In summary, it still remains a mystery although it was solved.

Best of luck, hope this helps, or that you find something that works!

Hello Irene

thank you very much for the quick reply.

I will try to uninstall the vpn tomorrow and then reinstall it and reconfigure it.

Thank you