main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Just joined BB last Thursday

2: Seeker

Hi,

My Broadband speed was fine up to last Monday night, then they took a dramatic nosedive.  We’re nit getting the promised 25mbs.  This has happened every night since at “peak times”.

Never had an issue with BT, we just moved due to costs.

Spke to someone on web chat, but my partner feels fobbed off, as all he did was make him change the DNS Resolver to Google’s 8.8.8.8.

Anyone got any suggestions.right now I’m getting 6.31 down

View more options
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

A large number of Vodafone Broadband customers have some significant network speed issues at the moment. The problem started mid November 2018 and has not been fixed, Vodafone have not openly admitted there is an issue.

It is a pretty big problem looking at the number of threads and users receiving unsatisfactory speed/service.

It manifests itself commonly when streaming TV etc (try a speedtest on fast.com which is for netflix) and downloading certain files.

If I was within the 30 day cancellation period I would seriously consider finding another ISP and leaving free of charge. (unfortunately I've got a long contract left)

If you contact technical suport they will usually talk you through all the things they think are wrong with your WiFi, DNS BT test socket etc, when really the problem is in their core network as clearly demonstrated by a number of technical customers on here and other forums.

View more options
4: Newbie

Nice and simple leave Vodafone using your Network Satisfaction Guarantee or 30-Day Service Guarantee

If you don't get away from vodafone you'll regret it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life 

If your still unsure its the right thing to do, then read the 1001 complaints on here and then decide to leave !

View more options
@adrenalize999 If you can demonstrate you have slow speeds using speedtest.net using vodafone's speedtest servers and you sync speed is high then make them log "an official complaint" once your complaint is dealt with I am pretty sure they will offer to terminate your contract much sooner. Due to the poor service you have received and your not getting anywhere near the service you've paid for,
View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I know it should be that simple - when I can find a bit of time I probably will tackle it - although you've only got to read the number of threads where other customers are trying to do this, talking to the directors office etc and still getting answers such as we won't accept the "London - Vodafone" (speedtest.vodafone.co.uk) server as it has "issues" and tech support saying from the information you've provided your ping time, packet loss and sync speed are all fine so we won't release you (when that isn't the issue).

View more options

Tech 2 Support closed 3 of my logged faults without even contacting saying there was no fault, my sync speed was 63mb and everything was fine. Especially if you use Bytemark Speedtest Server in York (probably prioritsed traffic) 

Being calm and polite also helps, 

But it says something when you ring the complaints phone number (which is kept a secret) you have to put your personalised complaint pin code in before you can even speak to someone, possibly to stop people ringing it to complain ? 

View more options
10: Established

My best advice while your still under the 30 day allowed to leave rule is do it now,  quickly start the ball rolling and leave vodafone asap - They won't fix anything because they have no idea how too and you have described the same as us.

I had to get my bill reduced as they were unable to fix the problem and I installed a 2nd phone line and installed btbroadband onto that because they were going to charge me £630 to leave - if you know anyone else thinking of coming to vodafone warn them,  it's cheap because it's a scam.

View more options

Hi @Janicejane I'm sorry to see you're having issues with your speeds at the moment. So our team are able to take a closer look, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch. 

View more options
14: Advanced member

Vodafone has a system wide problem with any data routed via their London datacentre.  While it's pretty easy to prove this, they have ABSOLUTLEY no one who is willing to listen or even care, let alone fix the problem.  I have to agree with others on here, that your best option is to cancel within the first 30 days!

View more options
10: Established

@mrmarkyuk wrote:

...because they were going to charge me £630 to leave - if you know anyone else thinking of coming to vodafone warn them,  it's cheap because it's a scam.

£630?  How on earth does that come about?  More than one contract perhaps?  

Mine was something over £200 in month two with sixteen months left to run.  I'm not quite sure how they calculate the figure but it is probably based on a fairly complicated formula like the number of times you've split the SSIDs multiplied by the number of user initiated factory resets divided by the current 2.4MHz channel number and then multiplied by months left to run.

View more options
Highlighted

Just in case my private message gets lost in the mail....

“So, right now my broadband speed is 5.13 mbs.

After everything I have read, you have an issue with video and peak time traffic. My partner and I like to relax watching HD movies, and TV, is this going to get sorted?

The Clock is ticking, we are giving you 14 days to rectify this issue, then we will leave under the 30 day Network Satifaction Guarantee”

i think thats fair..... 

View more options

I would make it a few days less just in case your leave request is not process straightaway 

View more options

After sending that message, we’ve decided we’re going back to bt.

We are going to cancel VF this weekend.

View more options

My last post on this matter....

VF BB cancelled... Signed up to BT.

Roll on the 25th 

View more options

I really don't blame you  . Just don't understand how vodafone can treat customers so bad 

View more options
12: Established

Leave while you have the chance.

VF are trying to mask the performance issues my merging all the throttling/routing/performance threads into one (so it looks less bad).

View more options