Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Legal Question , Is Vodafone braking the law

gipjon
16: Advanced member

I have had some info sent me that says Vodafone cannot change the forum etc without giving 2 weeks of official notice on an official post. There is something about this in the forum terms and conditions.

so were it legal to turn the private message off and block them? I know I have not seen any official notice anywhere

( We reserve the right to revise these Terms at any time and any revised terms shall become effective two weeks after being posted on the Vodafone Community

These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and you hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. ) 

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I suspect this is in relation to contracted services, which I don't believe these forums constitute.  In which case no, I don't believe they are breaking the law - no matter how annoying and poorly thought out the changes are!

gipjon

it does say vodafone is to give 2 weeks notice before making changes so no idea 

If vodafone dont respong then its a long shot but i will send every thing i have collected to the regulator after all it does state law on the terms .

Jayach

@gipjon wrote:

it does say vodafone is to give 2 weeks notice before making changes so no idea 

No it says "at any time, without notice to you and for any reason".

The two weeks notice is to revise those terms, should they want to.

gipjon

Many thanks jay lol.   Well thats that then looks like users will have to continue to pm me on the sky broadband forum or the tec forum untill vodafone customers satisfaction goes up .

how long will it take for vodafone to get customers satisfaction up above sky

Jayach

I'm on the Sky forum also, but I only frequent the email section.

HappyNomad
15: Advanced member
15: Advanced member

@gipjon wrote:

I have had some info sent me that says Vodafone cannot change the forum etc without giving 2 weeks of official notice on an official post. There is something about this in the forum terms and conditions.

so were it legal to turn the private message off and block them? I know I have not seen any official notice anywhere

( We reserve the right to revise these Terms at any time and any revised terms shall become effective two weeks after being posted on the Vodafone Community

These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and you hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. ) 

An extract from Community T&Cs... 

We reserve the right to edit, modify, suspend, terminate or remove the Vodafone Community including its contents (which may include you Content) at any time, without notice to you and for any reason and this may include without limitation terminating your access to the Vodafone Community following any breach of any of these Terms by you. We will not provide you with a copy of any Content that you may have uploaded onto the Community and you are reminded to ensure that you have (where permitted) a copy of the Content saved elsewhere.

We reserve the right to revise these Terms at any time and any revised terms shall become effective two weeks after being posted on the Vodafone Community. By continuing to use the Vodafone Community
 you will be deemed to have accepted the revised terms and you should check back periodically to ensure that you have read the most current version.

I think they have it covered.  The full text can be found here in the second post.