main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Looking at getting broadband.

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Looking at getting broadband but on live chat they say I would have to pay £11.99 for the router, But on the website there's no mention of this charge. So a bit confused hope some can clear this up for me unless I have read it wrong cheers.

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
17: Community Champion

From vodafone.co.uk/broadband

Vodafone Broadband router: We’ll provide a Vodafone Broadband router to any new customers who want to take out a Vodafone Broadband and Home Phone bundle (subject to successful Vodafone Broadband and Home Phone services availability and credit checks). "

You could ring the dedicated Vodafone Broadband Team for official clarification @Jimthelad 

08080 034 511

Calls are free from landlines and mobiles. Lines are open from 8am to 9pm, 7 days a week.

As far as I'm aware the charges a person may encounter are installation fee's.

Look at the availability checker in my link above using your postcode.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

Hi @Jimthelad 

This will probably be the £11.95 delivery charge for a store or contact centre order when you have selected a weekday delivery. However, if you have ordered online and chosen standard delivery, this will come as free.

Please see this link for information on delivery charges :  What options are available for home delivery?

View more options
2: Seeker

Cheers for the feedback. There was no mention of credit checks or anything like that. On live chat they said there was a charge for the router and on the site it said there was no set up fee.  So was a bit confused as one said there was a fee and another there wasnt. 

View more options

You're very welcome @Jimthelad 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
15: Advanced member

Straight from: https://www.vodafone.co.uk/broadband routerfee.gif

Which says there are no fees!

However.......

Vodafone's T&Cs are more than a little bit of a mess.  If you dig down into the separate T&Cs and the charges documents you will find (conflicting) info on the charges for the router.  If you do join, you'll find that the joining letter tells you there is a (discounted) charge for the router (not for its delivery), though at the end of the contract they'll try and charge you if you fail to return, what they joining letter says is now your property!  When they do make the charge for the router it'll appear on your bank statement with no info in regards to what its for.

And if the charge is £11.95 (or whatever) that's about £11.95 more than it's worth!

Quite frankly I don't think Vodafone have a clue what they are doing!

View more options