Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Minecraft on my sons IPad not connecting via Vodafone WiFi help

GWBelectrical
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Since installation of Vodafone broadband my sons iPad will not connect to Minecraft servers as soon as I disconnect from the WiFi and go back to data it connects no problem, it appears the router is blocking it and I can't find how or why?

i tried logging into the router an disabling the firewall this made no difference and can't seem to find any obvious reason for the issue.

any ideas would be greatly appreciated? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

goodman2020
2: Seeker

Hi there. I had a similar problem in the past. I am a vodafone client too, and I couldn't connect to my own server hosted on http://ggservers.com. The hosting that I was using is very good, so I knew that the problem is not in the hosting. I have tried a lot of different methods, and have finally solved this problem by simply reinstalling the game. Yes, it was that simple. Have you tried to reinstall the game?

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Vodafone has recycled a number of IP addresses that they own from foreign partners to the UK.  I'm wondering if the servers are rejecting the connection based on the IP appearing to be from a different country!  It might pay to search for a site that will tell you the geographic location of your IP and see if it's not in the UK!  If that's the case then getting a FREE static IP (as per your user agreement) could be the answer.

*That's only one possible answer, and I could well be wrong, but it's worth a try!

goodman2020

Hi there. I had a similar problem in the past. I am a vodafone client too, and I couldn't connect to my own server hosted on http://ggservers.com. The hosting that I was using is very good, so I knew that the problem is not in the hosting. I have tried a lot of different methods, and have finally solved this problem by simply reinstalling the game. Yes, it was that simple. Have you tried to reinstall the game?