cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Moving Broadband account to another name, and address, within the 24 month contract

ChazRivers
2: Seeker

Good Morning All,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to assist with the following situation.

I have a 24 month contract with Vodafone Broadband, with well over a year left on the contract. 

I want to move this contract over to another name, as my ex partner will be moving to another address and wants to carry on this broadband contract at this new address if possible.

Would I be able to move this over to her name, so she can take this to her new address. I have listed her as a contact on the account, but was unsure how to proceed with this.

Any advice would be greatly received.

Thanks,

Chaz

3 REPLIES 3

alexdm

impossible to move any contracts to different name as account under your name and credit check done under your name too!

Try the same with credit card see what you will get as result!

Thanks for the response. 

I guess the option would be moving it to the new address under my own name then?

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @ChazRivers 

You definitely can change broadband ownership, this information can be found here: Tranferrring ownership and agreement 

The problem is going to be moving the agreement to a new location and it might be better to get the change of ownership done after the change of location.  When the router is moved to a new location it can also take a while to stabilise connection.  There is further information here: Home Moves 

Have a word with the Broadband Team here: Broadband and Home Phone FAQ's the Team will be able to give the best advise.  If you have any problems also see this link to speak to the Social Team: Contact Us