main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Moving home - contract and charges

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
1: Seeker

We're in the process of joining broadband (18m contract) and are likely to be moving home within the minimum term.

I've asked live chat advisors twice about how this affects the contract and prices, and was told that a new contract would apply, at the same monthly price of the original contract, but I've heard elsewhere that this isn't true and that the monthly price increases as a result. Can anyone with experience of this confirm which is correct?

Thanks.

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@dezzanator I can confirm that when you move house, a new contract would need to be taken. However, the price should remain the same as long as you continue with the same speed bundle. Of course if you selected a faster speed bundle for the new address (based on speeds eligibility), you would be looking to pay more due to the increase in speeds. This would all be down to your own preference though, if you keep the same package your line rental will remain the same.

View more options
2 REPLIES 2

@dezzanator I can confirm that when you move house, a new contract would need to be taken. However, the price should remain the same as long as you continue with the same speed bundle. Of course if you selected a faster speed bundle for the new address (based on speeds eligibility), you would be looking to pay more due to the increase in speeds. This would all be down to your own preference though, if you keep the same package your line rental will remain the same.

View more options
1: Seeker

Thank you Josh, exactly what I needed to know.

View more options