main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Multiple Static IPs

Highlighted
2: Seeker

On 5th July I ordered an additional 7 static IPs addresses to add to my existing 7.   The order was processed and I received an email.

Your static IP address details
Block Size: 14
CIDR: 87.75.228.176/29

Now my understanding is the CIDR is set incorrectly here as /29 means only 8 IPs allocated.   I have tried to get this resolved on the phone but Vodafone Customer Care and Technical Support seem unable to a understand the issue and b care enough to try and resolve.   I have finally received a message from Vodafone customer care saying it is impossible to change the CIDR and therefore I am being charged for 7 IPs that I can not use.

CIDR: 87.75.228.176/28 is what I believe it needs to be.

Calling Vodafone is a waste of time because they simply dont record message, dont take notes and just tell you what you want to hear.     This forum is my last resort.

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
15: Advanced member

Regards the settings required, you are spot on.  As to why they can't be set, I'd rather hasten a guess that they could be set correctly if only you could contact someone who is competent!  I think you may have just fallen into the VF support hole where: I don't know how to do that = It can't be done!

View more options

Thanks for getting in touch @falcon32, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with these Static IPs. 

So one of our team can take a closer look into this for you, please get in touch via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Please provide a link to this thread, along with your username; so you won't have to explain yourself again and we can help you quicker. 

View more options