main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

My Vodafone app - Firewall Ports

2: Seeker

What Firewall ports need to be open outbound for the MyVodafone App to work on a Wireless network ?

Thanks for any assistance.

View more options
4 REPLIES

Hey @TUDMAN, that's something I’ve not been asked before, so I’m not totally sure.

My Vodafone works fine over wifi. If our app was to use a closed, non-standard port number, your router will actually open it through UPnP.  You shouldn't need to open any ports yourself.

Are you actually having problems with the My Vodafone app?

Blair

View more options
13: Advanced Member

The My Vodafone App should just work without having to change any ports what so ever!  The app only really works if youhave your mobile with Vodafone though.  So if your mobile is with another provider it won't pick up your account details for your broadband or any other accounts/services!  The app also has problems if you connect from differing WiFi networks.  When you do finally get it working, you'll usually find that your account details are "not available at this time"!

Summary:  Half-baked would be a compliment!

View more options
2: Seeker

Thanks for the responses.  Issue appears to be that once the connection is througha WIfI network if there are any restrictions at firewall level ( non standard ports not open) I will get a time out error    "Time out - Request Timeout. The request is taking too long to respond"  when logon details are entered.    Works fine on 4G and also works at home via my Vodafone router with its default setup of all non standard ports allowed outbound ??   Trying to ascertain why it wont work on other WiFi networks.

View more options

@TUDMAN The My Vodafone app should work through Wi-Fi no issues after you set it up on 3G/4G connection. Please take a screenshot of the error and let us know. Joe

View more options