main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

My landline doesn't work and when I call home it sounds as a "busy line" , can you help me please?

2: Seeker

I have a landline+mobile contract; my broadband works perfectly   but my telephone landline doesn't. I attach here the 2 pictures of the sockets and both of them seem ok. My cordless landline phone has been tested in my neighbor's house and it works. Thank you for your help !!

Anna    

2 REPLIES 2
13: Advanced Member

No pictures visible.  If your master socket has a removeable faceplate on the lower part, remove it and then try ringing the line with nothing connected.

View more options

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with your landline @AnnaLeamington. Please give the following a try:

First, check:

• If everything connected to the phone socket is firmly plugged in
  • If the phone is properly connected to the mains electricity (if it needs to be)
  • If any batteries need charging or changing
If this doesn’t solve the issue, follow these steps: 
  1. Unplug all equipment connected to every phone socket in your property
  2. Now plug your home phone into the main phone socket and try the connection

If you're still having issues, I'll have to access your account to take a closer look into this. I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch so I can investigate further. 

View more options